Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Mordaedil posted:

Though I would like to hear if any goons can reassure me this isn't going to end up the same as MLP did.

This show has a huge Japanese fanbase that primarily likes it because it's a cute show about cute weird animal girls being friends and they don't feel insecure or uncomfortable about liking it on those merits alone. I'd like to think most of the English-speaking fandom is the same way, but even if they aren't there's at least one fandom that's just going to keep appreciating it sincerely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Space Flower posted:

so how much did everyone cry today

I definitely teared up a little when Kaban and Serval did their "don't eat me!" "I won't eat you!!" exchange after Kaban got rescued. The way Serval shouted it got me lol

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
They're not quite the same, but Savannah Cats are a serval/domestic cat cross-breed and they're legal to keep as pets in some areas.