Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbh I just skim past it because I always stumble over it in my head when I try to read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think sage is out

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

Why do people keep saying this? It's not made by Nintendo, it's a fangame that uses the pokemon system as a base. It has literally zero obligation to adhere to the same content guidelines, but everybody keeps throwing the "this is out of place for a pokemon game" card like it means something.

If you want ~the pokemon experience~ then just play pokemon instead of holding it against people for what's essentially extended fanfiction. I'm not arguing that the racism/sexism are okay, and passing on the game because of that is incredibly understandable, but there's plenty of other far worse problems or decent ideas executed poorly to complain about in these fangames without docking them points for not being accurate in tone to the official games.

fan games aren't required to play by the same rules as official games but they do still carry those same expectations with them when they have the same name, mechanics, and characters. it's like if you were playing metro or fallout and then suddenly a pikachu mauled you to death. it just feels weird

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

Though Demons aren't actually killed from their dialogue, and how the High Pixie in Nocturne can be obtained even if you fused the Pixie (long as you remember which demon she got fused into) - the way the old geezer demons talk abut fusing with a pretty thing, and childish ones wanting to become something cool, it seems almost like Fusion in Dragon Ball Z or Steven Universe - where they merged into a new being.

tho they are totally dead in persona 5

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok this isn't good but I'd still rather play uranium than have a root canal

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I actually like the idea of making the championship a tournament like this. that's neat and would have made a lot of sense in s&m specifically since they were setting up a league from scratch. keeping the same number of fights that the e4 would have makes it different but still the same in the way as the totem stuff worked in s&m as well

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

The idea of replacing it with a tournament is neat, but reusing gym leaders for the Elite Four is a dumb and bad idea.

that kinda happens in s&m as well. it is a little different there tho

I don't remember any of these people so I didn't even notice it tbh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Arcade Rabbit posted:

I'm still really confused why we have two generic trainers here? Could we not just have 4 randomized battles instead, so we can see more of the different trainers? Again, S/M had the Youngster as a possible challenger, but he was one of many and it was randomized. Here, you always have to fight these two losers who don't even have unique sprite before getting to the fights you care about? Well, "care" about, but still.

yea it'd be interesting if they were all random. or like their positions were set but you got a different seed in the tournament each run. that'd be a lot of trainers to account for tho I guess

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vorebane posted:

It's nice that there are ways official pokemon can compete with the horror of uranium.

Also, Haifisch I need you to explain your avatar to me.

this is igor, a character from the persona series

the characters in that avatar are the cast of persona 5 but with his face. the title is from the battle theme, last surprise

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DeafNote posted:

why Tiko of all people I wonder
and I laugh at the idea of the creators thinking people could fight this with fair leveling

well he's the fire guy and the biggest bullshit they put together also happened to be fire

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is there an e4 refight, and if so what happens

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I''m disappointed. The first thing I heard about Uranium probably back around when the game was first released was that the legendary pokemon was actually your dead mum who had died in a nuclear explosion. So since Curie and Urayne showed up i've been eagerly waiting for an astonishingly stupid and incredibly bad out of nowhere twist that no actually the evil mastermind is not the Mum, the evil pokemon is instead! But either I remembered wrong or the spoilers were mistaken. and while the actual writing is still awful and bad it just doesn't measure to what I thought it'd be. :(

yea I remember that too and was kinda expecting the same

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

FR/LG annoyed the poo poo out of me for exactly the reasons above; it's one thing to remake an older game, but remaking it almost exactly the same as it was, just with shinier graphics and not fixing any of the problems it had kind of defeats the point!

Yes, I'm still annoyed as gently caress over loving Rock Smash still being an HM in ORAS, what of it. There was no reason for it to be a goddamn HM other than 'well it was in RSE and change is scary :saddowns:'

I hate that rock you have to break every time you go north of the electric gym town

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't care about that stuff and just throw the master ball at whatever roaming legendary is in the game

gently caress those things

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

So did I understand that the Championship Tournament here is another thing that Uranium took from the actual pokemon games that came before? Because I really like the idea. Have all 8 gym leaders come back post game with different rosters and level appropriate 'mon and have them tournament it out alongside your trainer. I suppose if you threw in the elite 4, your rival, and maybe the top Team Rocket equivalent and some other bozo you could get a 16 team bracket set up. Let the game decide randomly who you get paired off with and who wins the CPU battles.

no that tournament isn't in any of the games, tho there are post game gym leader refights in a lot of them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

A pokemon game with BotW-style "go anywhere after the tutorial" COULD work but it would be a whole bunch of extra effort for very little gain

a link between worlds style pokemon game would make more sense and be easier

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

So you rent out the pokemon team you use?

They already did Pokemon Stadium.

you'd rent out hm moves actually :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to be fair, roaming legendaries are still worse

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GeneX posted:

Oh my loving god

Also OFS the best name is Daikatuna

daikatuna is such a good name that it's hard to believe it came from this game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pyre of Word Salsa posted:

I'm kind of baffled that Uranium had seven playtesters look at it as a final product, nodded their heads simultaneously, and checked off a checkbox with the words "10/10 Writing" right next to it.

Does anybody know if they were from the Pokemon forum community or outside of it?

I don't think play testers get a say on the writing. they're just checking to see if it works

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all the weight is in the feet. its torso actually only weighs 5 lbs

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eh, that doesn't say anything. team fortress 2 was 9 years in development and it changed a ton from inception to final product

fan products are likely to take longer than normal by their very nature because making this romhack isn't the dev's actual job

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

agumon with a gun is the hero uranium needed

Commander Keene posted:

The main problem is you probably have to specify what "Rum Power" does as an Ability before you hand it to a Pokemon. Does OFS know how Abilities are set up? Also, what do we have Rum Power do? Attack up when Confused? Attack up, Agility down every turn in battle? Something with Berries as a Hold Item?

stats raise when you use a potion or something

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think a chip cheezum lp got goldmine'd

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's how the uranium devs believe radiation poisoning works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no his head is going to inflate like a balloon and eventually he'll float off into space if he's not tied down

• Locked thread