Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

RyuHimora posted:

That's a fair point. What I was really going for was that, assuming I had made it up to the Curie fight, that would have been enough to make me seriously consider quitting the game even if it had been playably mediocre to that point.

Uranium is bad. It's so bad, we have actually run out of ways to say it is bad in this thread.

AND SOMEHOW REBORN MANAGES TO BE EVEN WORSE

I don't know, Reborn has a lot of neat ideas executed badly. Uranium has bad ideas executed poorly and a few good sprites, I guess?

Depends on whether you're more insulted by shooting for the moon and tripping into a dumpster, or a droning level of mediocrity peppered with outright terrible decisions. To me, the first one at least has the value of "hey, that'd be cool if someone did it right." For example: Field effects for gyms. Neat idea! They did it completely wrong, but it could work.

The best Uranium brings to the table is setting some trainers up to be as broken as builds players could come up with. That'd be okay for bonus challenge fights. Not progression. Everything else unique to the game is questionable at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

The faces in these sprites bug me so drat much because they look incredibly easy to fix by moving things a few pixels.

So, five minutes in MSPaint later:

I could do better (Dick Solomon's eye still looks weird) but I already cared more than the devs did. :effort:

Mawuh, Ronch and Coolronch are all incredible.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Aithon posted:

I never noticed before but his weird single yellow bang looks like it's a snake gnawing on his ear.

vorebane posted:

That's an as-yet-undiscovered parasitical pokemon! The Uranium sequel will feature Theo forging a bond with it that slowly drives him mad.

Shrinking his forehead didn't help.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

RandomMagus posted:

It made him look more human, but his neck still goes straight up and connects to his head right at the back like a Bellsprout. Needs to shift his entire head back at least a few pixels so he's not a giraffe.

Then I had to move his eye in and up, and then fix the shape of his head, which still doesn't look right but then I would have to change his hairstyle and I'm drawing the line on this joke there.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Now watch this edit show up in the next update of Uranium with no credit whatsoever.

If it means Theo gets a parasite attached to him, I am perfectly fine with this.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Looked like fun so I joined in.

The nose looked weird because it was basically a straight line from inner eyebrow to nose tip. I gave him a suggestion of a nose bridge and evened out his eyes. It's not perfect but ten minutes of idle curiosity is all I have to give.

Nice, the nose bugged me too but I had to stop somewhere.

But I didn't stop soon enough.

...At least it doesn't have buttwings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This makes it look more like a Minum than a Plusle. Is it worth changing that for a more restrained palette?

You're right, I should respect the original intent.

• Locked thread