Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

KataraniSword posted:

If memory serves you had to goad Absolute Virtue into shifting into all of its forms by using all of the classes' 2-hour cooldown skills (yes, as in every single class in the game), and then when that had been dealt with, then you could take it down properly.

Close. The form-shifting was Pandemonium Warden, which people fought for so long they started to pass out.

Absolute Virtue was different, he could use every class' once-every-two-hours super-moves basically at-will, and you had to counter with the same two-hour cooldown skill almost immediately afterwards in order to "lock" him out of using that particular skill again. No, there was no real pattern to which he would use, meaning yes, it was pure reaction time and entirely possible to blow your once-every-two-hours skill to no effect (unless you used banned 3rd party tools). And you still had to deal with the effects of the skills he used, including but not limited to, every hit by him becoming a critical, him completely evading every single melee strike for a period, him completely nullifying all melee damage for a time, and him completely healing to full health.

Then, when he got to 60%, he would whip out a pair of bracelets and cast Meteor, wiping out everyone in the same area code (even those not actively engaged in fighting him) anyway. Nobody ever found the intended way of dealing with Meteor, if there ever was one, and he was only beatable once they raised the drat level cap and gave Summoners an AoE mitigate-99%-of-everything variant of their 2-hour skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

AlphaKretin posted:

I want to say this has been mentioned but I've been searching for discussions about it so I'm probably getting mixed up: the wins they banned people for, the "unintended methods", were actually exploit abuses. People have since beaten him legit with no repercussions.

E: This isn't really meant as a defense of the bans, but it's a good bit better as a reason than "they beat my oc baby"

The first two are fair enough, but patching DRK KC zerg was a bit silly. I get the frustration of people brute-forcing your puzzle boss but if they have to resort to that, you've designed a lovely puzzle boss.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Regalingualius posted:

...How the gently caress did something so awful-looking ever get off the ground enough to create one of the most well-known challenges?

Entirely independently of the comic. And yeah, as EclecticTastes says, 4chan. Robot-7's version of the comic helped, and later on there were some more well-known takes like edgy grimdark version Apocalypse Johto (a guilty pleasure of mine).

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Too late, your Fomantis has picked up your bad habits & attitude.

I kind of want to see Mega Charizard X or Mega Garchomp something similarly edgy looking doing this.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Onmi posted:

EDIT: No, it's not loving important what a person believes when they have a job to do. What is important is them doing their job and doing it right. If they're not doing their job right, that's a problem that needs to be addressed, and if them not doing their job right comes down to their beliefs, whatever they may be, that's when they get addressed.

If you've got the time to be upset and debate one of your fellow workers about politics, then apparently you finished all of your own work, yes? Otherwise, you pack that poo poo in, act like a god damned adult, and do your loving job. THAT is the cause of fan project failings, when people don't treat their work seriously. When they joke "Oh it doesn't matter if it isn't good/doesn't come out/isn't X, it's just a fan thing. Who cares?

Good grief, thank you for that. Nothing irritates more than that one team member who is Always On and has to make sure everyone knows at all times what a Good Person with the Correct Opinions they are. It's very draining and I just started tuning that guy out.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

PMush Perfect posted:

Stealth Rock needs to either be removed, or, perhaps, spread wider than one type. Maybe Ice and Dark type versions, too?

Just have Rock-types absorb it on switch-in for a defensive boost. Maybe also introduce an ability or item that sweeps away entry hazards on switch-in.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Woolworths still exists in Aus?

Is it the same as our dearly departed UK one?

I don't know of any other shop where you could buy a garden hose, a pack of crumpets and a "realistic" pissing toy doll baby on the same aisle. And randomly run into abandoned bags of pick-n-mix anywhere in the store.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

PMush Perfect posted:

I remember in my Soul Silver game having my Dodrio follow me so that whenever I got on my bike, I could pretend that I was actually riding my triostrich.

Ostricycle, surely.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

the Orb of Zot posted:

[*] a Pokemon named "MOTHERFUCK" (it is Tentacool, Graveler, and Golbat combined into a single horrible Ground/Flying Pokemon with Shadow Tag and the combination of Spore + Destiny Bond + Perish Song, so it earns that name)
[*] A box of dragon dildos (which is somehow a BST 640 legendary)
[*] A Pokemon named "Dragking" (and reading the wiki on it it's actually guaranteed to be female, much to my surprise)
[*] A pink flame named "Flameboyan"

Those legitimately got a giggle out of me.

Flameboyan would be my boyfriend's favourite pokemon ever if it's Fairy type.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Omnicrom posted:

Ozma was so much more fun, fair, and managable when it was a boss FF14.

I dunno, the 23 adds were a bit much to deal with at times.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

SaitoBatch posted:

In a PokeMusou game, would you be playing as trainers who toss out Pokemon for their combos, or as the Pokemon themselves?

Both.

You ride them, is what I'm saying. Every enemy commander is a trainer riding a Pokemon. Foot soldiers are smaller Pokemon.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Basically all I'd want out of a non-linear Pokemon game is no hard plot gates preventing me from doing things. Pokemon can still vary in level across the land, making it inadvisable to run straight to Victory Road, but not impossible. Or have Pokemon nearer the "beaten paths" between towns be lower level and less powerful, and to find stronger Pokemon you go explore alternate routes or dive into some "dungeon" areas. The upshot of that system is that roaming legendaries could gently caress off because they wouldn't make any sense gamboling about with level 5 Rattatas. Give legendary Pokemon their own dungeon areas with puzzles and progressively harder encounters like in the old times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Echo Cian posted:

Then I had to move his eye in and up, and then fix the shape of his head, which still doesn't look right but then I would have to change his hairstyle and I'm drawing the line on this joke there.

Looked like fun so I joined in.

The nose looked weird because it was basically a straight line from inner eyebrow to nose tip. I gave him a suggestion of a nose bridge and evened out his eyes. It's not perfect but ten minutes of idle curiosity is all I have to give.

• Locked thread