Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh yes, I hope you go over what stuff was before you changed it and maybe even an attempt at it before it all goes horribly wrong? But editing the files to make the game slightly less obnoxious is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

All I did was edit the price of Rare Candies to $10 and made one shop sell them, and then at the end edit a random encounter table to fill out the pokedex with one-or-the-other type things like the starters I'd otherwise have to beg on the internet for.

Everything except my Pokemon keeping up in levels is purestrain uranium.

That works even better and I pray for your success you mad mad fool.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

When you have bog standard pokemon next to the wonderful fan creations, then it's really obvious what the quality difference is

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Let's Redesign Pokemon Uranium Because It's Trash

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

"Gee I'm thirsty, though. Oh, wait there, the road's closed."

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Spinarak does not deserve to be in this awful game and I'll be real upset if it actually is.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Compared to some of the earlier designs, there's been a few that I'm fine with in that past update, but they're still very clearly fakemons. They're just missing that polish that proper designs have after a few hundred edits and committee approval.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Minyan's design is kinda cool. Then its evolution is just eh.

That Garlic kid thing is just awful, what the gently caress.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That mecha dragon is so dumb. I love it

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I want my next LP to be Sage :saddowns:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

While eight legs would be more correct, they probably make the designs of the various spider Pokemon a bit cluttered, whereas six legs work just right. And less to draw/render, which is always a plus.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Looks at all 4 of the mega evolutions available before the tiny post game

Actually there are 8 stones you can get before the postgame, 9 if you include the event Torchic *nerd snort*

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Sableyeite is so wrong to look at, how did they screw even that up???

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Glazius posted:

Stupid question, but without the power to unlock mega evolutions, the mega stones actually do jack dick for whatever's holding them, right?

It's why you get the ability to do it pretty early, after the 3rd badge in XY and just before the 6th badge in ORAS. Sure, you got it postgame in SM, but the main focus was Z-Moves, which you could use after the first trial.

It's funny, you get the Mega Bracelet before the Watering Can.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like if your Pokemon game does a cuss, you've already failed.

What the HELL is your problem? You don't like our drat video game for ADULTS???

They don't even do real insults, like fuckwit, or cuntknocker, or lovely poo poo poo poo. It's just drat, or hell, words that wouldn't get them in trouble if their mum read what they were writing in the script.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm guessing it's only coded to remove the weakness to Rock, Ice and Electric. Nuclear stays pretty broken!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It looks like they changed Theo's sprite so they could use the copy paste animation of throwing the Pokeball for the double battle, since he's too small otherwise and that would involve making a new animated sprite woaaaaaaah.

Or maybe this journey is longer than you realize and you actually left your house like 2 years ago.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

He was a partner for Comet Cave, so they already had a partner sprite for that.

You think I have room to remember anything that happens in this game past the most recent update?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Accuracy and Evasion changed its multipliers every gen until 5 where they seem to have settled.

The easiest way to see the pattern is 0 is 3/3 and going into the minus increases the second number by 1 each time, so 3/4, 3/5, etc, while boosting the stat increases the top number by one each time, 4/3, 5/3, etc. The same applies for the six stats, but replace the initial 3s with 2s and you'll get the same pattern (2/3, 2/4, etc, or 3/2, 4/2, etc)

Also, accuracy and evasion are simply the reverse of each other and do not go over +6 or -6 combined, so a Pokemon with -6 accuracy attacking a Pokemon with +6 evasion will simply have -6 accuracy instead of -12 like it technically should.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Bydoless posted:

I've actually have a complete intro text LP post for Pokemon Reborn complete with screenshots from my LPix account. I just never made the thread because there are already too many ongoing Pokemon LP threads already (including that Touhou Pokemon fangame).

:confused:

Before this Uranium thread went up, I'm pretty sure mine was the only active Pokemon LP on the forum. I think there's plenty of room for your LP to go up, I'd love to see how batshit some fan projects go, cause Uranium is terrible, but it isn't crazily terrible like some are.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

nice meltdown

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Schubalts posted:

In the first anime season, Ash and Gary were sending all their Pokémon to Oak's house, since he apparently had enough land to support at least one massive herd of Tauros.

Ash still does that.

Also the anime is usually pretty good with Pokemon sizes that feels right. With ONE exception.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

After seeing all this game has to offer, I can agree with just one goddamn thing:

Eh, I know I've been critical, but Uranium's still better that FR/LG.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

XavierGenisi posted:

Is FR/LG that bad? I ended up skipping it after giving up on pokemon in the middle of playing Sapphire (and not returning until HGSS), so I know basically nothing about it.

Imagine going through the blandest Pokemon game with the blandest battle mechanics and the blandest colour palette. And you can't use anything cool or new and nothing has changed until after the 7th badge, where you go to new places that are also pretty meh. Then you have an alright postgame and then you're done. And if you want to complete the Pokedex you need like 7 different games.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

I just follow Oak's advice. :shrug:

Best advice I've ever followed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

If you can't even "catch 'em all" in a Pokemon game, then what's the point? Sure, it's fine if you need to trade for a couple, but you should have them all in the game, even if they're unobtainable. Otherwise why bother?

Also you can't not have the fully evolutionary tree, this isn't a Ranger game.

• Locked thread