Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

With all of the Pokedex chat, I'm now genuinely curious about the entries in this fangame. With how Shadow the Hedgehog the writing is, I can only imagine at least some of those must be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why does Tonemy's Pokedex entry show its name in all caps like the old games where no name is shown in all caps otherwise? This is a really weird thing to not be consistent about.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EclecticTastes posted:

So, is this game just going to completely waste the painfully obvious foreshadowing that Pokemon Rangers are secretly totally evil? Like, from OFS' commentary, it sounds like all the circlejerking about Pokemon Ranger is going to go basically nowhere, which is dumb, because the whole scene of "yes this magic top just shows Pokemon I'm their friend and isn't a mind control device at all no siree" would have been decent setup for them to be the bad guys.

That'd be even more stupid, unneccesary EDGY. Rangers have already been shown as good in their entire series, saying "NO BUT THEY WERE ACTUALLY MIND CONTROLLING POKEMON" is really stupid.

That said if you're going to setup something as hard as this game is, at least do something with it. Have the Rangers be a part of the story beyond the protagonist's dad who is an already established character but completely OOC because EDGY.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Maria just looks like a psycho with that expression. She was probably meant to look cocky, but that awful spritework did not succeed.

Feleng actually looks kinda cute though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Uranium has a Pokemon with five STABs.

I am now really curious about how that happens. I'm going to guess that they haven't given a single Pokemon five types.

I'm going to hope that they haven't given a single Pokemon five types.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

But Baashaun isn't orange, how can it be your fursona?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

morallyobjected posted:

what's the point of the nuclear pokemon? I can't imagine using a pokemon that just straight-up ignores you sometimes because gently caress you.

The point is that Shadow Pokemon were so cool so here's something original that has clearly nothing to do with Shadow Pokemon but is just as mature.

Because there's clearly nothing like Shadow Pokemon here. Pokemon that got more aggresive than usual, who stop listening to the trainers, and whose type is super effective against everything? Clearly not Shadow Pokemon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tired Moritz posted:

the crying is just over the top. most ghost pokemon despite their ghostly appearance looked like something you can be friends with.

Well yeah, you can, but...

Gengar's Pokedex entry, Moon posted:

It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans.

...I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

And honestly, considering some Sun and Moon Pokedex entries like that one, not to mention Phantump's entire existence, I'm not that sure if Linkite wouldn't fit in an actual Pokemon game. It's roughly as edgy as "children who die in the forest become Phantump" and "all Gengar are actually dead people". Or "Primeapes rage their entire life and find peace in death".

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CoffeeAvenger posted:

Probably going to be some HARDCORE name like Team Meltdown or some poo poo. Something to do with using Nuclear pokemon to rule/destroy the world?

At least, that's the most obvious answer.

That's still probably better than inflating the Sun to somehow power up Electric-type Pokemon, to be honest.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gridlocked posted:

Ok just gonna float these two questions:

a) There is a PC/Mac program that does pokemon battles complete with all the EV/IV/Whatever bullshit that the games do simulated down to the last detail for the most part right? With out being a virus ofc.

b) float: Let's Play Pokemon Goon Tournament.

You might wanna throw that post up in the actual Pokemon Megathread. Regardless, you're thinking of Pokemon Showdown.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I thought the Salsa Badge was clever and I'm glad that at least one clever thing got into this game.

Daikatuna could've been it but it was wasted on an awful design. Sad. Uranium is not making me its bitch like this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The real joy of this LP is that it is a perfect excuse to introduce people to Lightning Bolt!

Try linking to a video that's actually avaliable then!

To add to the Ho/Mizukage thing, the ninjas named after the ninja ranks in Naruto are named wrong, "Juunin" should be "Jonin", so the person behind that couldn't even get that right.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We're going to need a megathread for stupid, overly edgy Pokemon hacks sooner or later, won't we?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel I've just learned a lot about Australia. That was not the content I expected in the Pokemon Uranium thread, but I'm not complaining.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rainuwastaken posted:

Does every attack's accuracy change based on level, or is it just OHKOs? And how? That's the first I've ever heard of it :psyduck:

It's just OHKOs. They work under this formula: Accuracy = ((level of user-level of target) + 30)%, ignoring accuracy and evasion increases or decreases. If (level of user-level of target) is less than 0 (that is, if the target's level is superior) it will automatically miss.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

rannum posted:

If anyone is supposed to represent "rando challenger" it's gotta be this guy. He is mentioned nowhere else in the game and doesn't even show up somewhere in the post game like Kahili does in her hotel.

He's there to fill the Dragon-user spot, since Sun and Moon have a character for every type (except Ice for some reason). That said, he still comes straight out of nowhere, yeah.

Also I think the tournament idea is very cool and I like the stadium area, but using generics as the forced fights is lame. Having old characters reappear is pretty cool, but you should have someone else than the Gym Leaders. Maybe characters you meet in the story but you don't get to fight, maybe other important named characters that aren't Leaders. I'm not sure how I feel about it being randomized, I guess it's neat for catching you off-guard but I feel the first time at least should have specific opponents, like how you forcefully fight Kukui the first time in Sun and Moon but then you have a bunch of possible random final opponents.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

quote:

New Randomizer Mode: In it, your starter and all wild and trainer encounters will be replaced by completely random Pokémon, for a wacky and challenging game-changing experience. Unlocked after completing the game at least once. (Load a completed save once to register this achievement)

This was realy stupid and bad when Game Freak did it and it's just as stupid and bad here. In fact, it may be even worse, because at least Game Freak had no past data to say if it'd be a good idea or not (as much as common sense alone screams "no, it's not a good idea to force the player to restart in a game with a single save slot and several things they need to keep for the next game, all so they can play in another difficulty mode") while the Uranium devs must know how people felt about that in Black 2/White 2.

This is such a stupid decision. Why? I could maybe understand it in Reborn, which hates the player and gives them very few choices that barely work in the context of the game proper so a randomizer would significantly ruin the developers' lovely attempts at difficulty and greatly change the terrible experience, but here it's just bizarre.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure I can blame the game for Gamma Urayne and Actan when Ghetsis' Hydreigon exists. It's a rather different situation, sure, but it's still one where your cool new legendary dragon that you're forced to get is totally useless.

Only, you know, Ghetsis is a great adversary and CURIE is so edgy that you could think this was the Reborn thread.

Barely related, what would've happened if you tried to catch Gamma Urayne? Would the battle end there and you'd get the normal version anyways? I find it hard to believe that the game would give you a Rad Legendary.

Unrelated to the quality of this game, Top Boy best boy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

And even with all of those abandonment issues, Dick Solomon is still a Good Human (and a Hero of Tandor, Ranger, Ninja and Hokage) so that says a lot about his morality in contrast with his family.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You know, we're in a thread about a bad fangame.

You people are proving how bad fangames are born. Ideas that look good, but a bit of thought would tell you they're terrible.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

XavierGenisi posted:

Why are there Daft Punk pokemon, and why can you get only a single chance to catch only *one* of the two

loving Uranium

Well, the Daft Punk is definitely Uranium dumb but the other thing is general Pokemon dumb. You had to choose one Hitmon in Kanto and one Lati in Emerald, after all.

It's a terrible thing that should not be repeated in a fangame but by this point I don't expect the people behind fangames to actually understand what makes their inspirations fun so instead they'll just copy everything even when it sucks.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

StrifeHira posted:

And now you realize there is no Nuclear Tyranitar, or any other obvious parallel.

And I thought I could find no more flaws in this game, yet you come and point out such a big one.

Also I like how Meowth faces his death with dignity in that comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Roro posted:

Didn't Nintendo adopt the term "Eeveelutions" from the fan community? I know the fans made that term and I feel like I definitely seen reference to it at least from official Nintendo sources.

It was used in the TCG and in a Ranger game.

• Locked thread