Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
May as well finish.

Eemuu: The Emu is a flightless, large bird native to Australia. Comes if large flocks and we once lost a war with them. They feature with the Kangaroo on the Coat of Arms.

Treemuu: It's an Emu but a tree too.

Seamuu: It's an Emu but made of sea stuff.

Steamuu: It's an Emu but made of industrial piping.

Gootounge: Blue Tongue Lizard. A native lizard with a distinctive bright blue tongue.

Gooko: A gecko. Duh.

Gooanna: The Goanna is a large predatory monitor lizard. Though not known to attack humans they have big claws, and sharp teeth making an aggressive one not very safe to be around. Initially thought to nurse bacterial cultures in their saliva which would act as an infection vector post bite, there is now debate raging as to whether or not they in fact have small toxin glands in their mouths with an anticoagulant venom administered with a bite. Do not get bitten either way, poo poo will not be pleasant.

Didjitygrub: The Didgeridoo is a native Australian pipe instrument, played for traditional dance and other ceremonies and often decorated with the famous dot-art of Australia. The Witchetty grub is a wood eating larvae of various moth species that are found in the roots Witchetty Bush (thus their name) or in other plants. They are a form of "bush tucker" and taste very nutty. Can be eaten raw or cooked. I honestly recommend cooked though.

Didgeridoom: See above.

Sidnee: It's Sydney. The 'Mon features the arches of the Sydney Opera House.

Melbonn: It's Melbourne. The 'Mon features the famous building over Flinders Street station.

Paradyse: It's Surfers Paradise. The 'Mon features a wave, used for surfing.

Golcoast: It's the Gold Coast. The 'Mon features a giant whale, whale watching a popular sight seeing opportunity in the area, and the city on it's back.

Bunyeep: The Bunyip is a mythical creature from native Australian mythology that lurks in bodies of water.

Yowee: The Yowie is a ape-like creature from native Australian mythology. Reports on its behavior are contradictory as to whether it is aggressive or shy. Consider it the Australian Sasquatch.

Rainboa: The Rainbow Snake is considered to be something of a creator god of Australia that exists in the past, present and future; bringing life to places that none exists. Typically depicted as a giant rainbow-coloured snake. Seriously go look up native Australian mythology, its one of the most ancient types of myth-religion in the world and is kickass as hell.

Big O: Not an orgasm. It's the Big Orange of Berri, South Australia; one of the many Big Things found across Australia. Don't ask why, they are just things that are big.

Big B: It's the Big Banana of Coffs Harbour, New South Wales.

Big P: It's the Big Pineapple of Woombye, Queensland and formerly of Gympie, Queensland.

Blaccbox: The black box of an aircraft, used for recording flight data. Typically high sought post-crash to help discover the issue that caused the crash. Not found in the case of MH370.

Wifly: It's a fly but also the WiFi symbol on your phones and tables and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Coq au Nandos posted:

Context for Theraynesarere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdxfurkPuTo

Also the Wifi Pokémon is Australian because wifi was invented by the CSIRO.

Oh poo poo son I remember that ad. Jesus that is a good reference. Now I'm sad no 'Mon is a Big Ad reference.

Also I didn't know that. Go us hey?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kurieg posted:

Isn't the joke here supposed to be that aussies tend to use "Nah" and "Yeah" rather than no and yes?

Probably sounds about right yeah.

Look in all fairness I'm pretty big on pop-culture but I didn't really RESEARCH anything. Everything was off the top of my head so I probably did miss a few bits and pieces.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Magikarp is a champ, leave him alone/

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014