Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral101
Feb 20, 2006
RMU: Where using the internet is like living in 1995.

rizuhbull posted:

"Threatening" seems really loaded, but what would you call this? It's certainly hostile, right? Should I tell the general manager (Zack)?

He works full time, I'm in school and work part-time. We almost never work side by side fyi. I was going to message him tonight when I know he's awake and at work to answer him "no" because I'm a cordial loving person, but he just copy and pasted his initial message again it seems. He calls in sick or asks me to work at least once a week. Typically he asks me to cover first, then calls in sick if I say no so the GM ends up asking me which I sometimes take, and sometimes tell him no too, in which case the GM works. I used to always say yes to him, but now I'm saying no because 1. I don't want to, 2. My grades started slipping, 3. And gently caress him he's a rude oval office.

I can give more context if needed but this is the gist. I already talked to the GM about him calling out so often, and he agreed, and said that the bar manager (who's ex-front desk manager and used to deal with him) said the same thing I am. The only days I've ever taken off were '16 Halloween, in which I asked for in advance. Zero sick days in 1.7 years but I'm the bad guy?

I'm extremely tempted to send my GM the pics. But what do you guys think?

e: maybe text would be a bad idea. Maybe a face to face with my boss again? It's tough because we'd need to setup a time. Ignore it and move on but have keep it in my phone for future reference?

...what are you talking about? That text is passive aggressive at most. How old are you?

edit: yes present it to your GM if you'd like him to nod understandingly while you talk with him before he rolls his eyes when you walk away. Yes, I'm sure he's rude to you at work, but I doubt your GM doesn't already realize the guy is a screwup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread