Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Perhaps if Trump resigns and Pence takes over, it would be the high watermark of the Polarization of politics in America and we could start to "heal." And by that I mean begin to have trust in one another again at some point. However, I know I will not be able to trust a republican on their word for a long time, if ever. So to me the previous statement is wishful thinking.

What I think is most likely to happen in the incredibly unlikely scenario where Trump leaves office sooner than 2020 is the Republicans will continue to pull the overton window as hard to the right as they can and Democrats will start to do the same. The last shreds of democracy, at least as we know it 20th/Early 21st century, will burn. Something else will take it's place. Spoiler alert, it's going to be 1 power party authoritarianism; a minority party will always exist to keep the illusion going.

E: But! Removing Trump means his appointees might go, but Bannon will almost certainly go. So if removing Trump means getting rid of every appointee as well as his WH staff, then that would be the best path. But this is a total hypothetical because the republicans will never vote him out. Some might, but most will view anything like that to be too damaging to the party.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread