Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Trump is blatantly horrible. Pence is polished evil, his awfulness is hidden by a thin veneer of traditional political responsibility. He'd be as awful as Trump, but in a different way, a way that might not create as much popular opposition, and therefore that might end up being worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

If Pence is also caught up in scandal and forced to resign, who will be president?

If Trump and Pence are both out simultaneously, then it goes to the Speaker of the House of Representative, Paul Ryan. If the top three are out together, then it's the President pro tempore of the Senate, currently Orrin Hatch. These four are all taken out for some reason? Then you go to the Secretary of State, who is now Rexxon Tillerson. If the top five men were to all be indisposed, it'd be the Secretary of the Treasury. And so on.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 16, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shbobdb posted:

I mean, an empty suit Republican would never start a forever war in the Middle East due to wars of choice.

Where were you in 2001-2008?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Sorry! Sometimes it's hard to tell.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Despite everything, I don't believe in a Trumpeachment. Everything about Trump was known when the Electoral College made their decision. If you impeach Trump, you go against the wishes of the Grand Electors and their infinite wisdom and their absolutely necessary and indispensable role in democracy.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

There has never been a successful impeachment in the history of the USA. Andrew Jackson and Bill Clinton were both acquitted by the Senate, Richard Nixon resigned before the process could even get started.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
People should have different names if they don't want to be confused!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"My fellow Americans,

"today the evil Soros-paid liberals have managed to cowardly stab our beloved President in the back. President Trump has been forced to resign because of some technicality exploited by partisan obstructionists.

"But do not despair! Even if the person was removed, the mandate was not. We will still make America Great Again. To this effect, I have already passed an executive order criminalizing the foul practice of sodomy, as well as the teaching of blasphemous evolution, and several other things that were biblically immoral." --President Pence

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

themrguy posted:

in that case the GOP is in survival mode

The best defense is a good offense.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

It's a ridiculous fear to begin with. A president can't refuse to leave office. The only way that could happen is if he carries out a literal military coup.

Is that why half his cabinet is generals?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Lord posted:

Pretty sure the generals in question would be the first ones calling the capitol cops

Nobody ever said Trump was a good judge of character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

I do remember, on the other hand, tons of people on the left challenging the legitimacy of Trump's election, pushing for electors to steal the election from him and give it to someone else instead, asserting that the entire election was rigged by the Russians, and so on. And while Obama never pushed to jail his opponent, there sure were a lot of naive Obama supporters who hoped that he would jail his predecessor.

I still think Dick Cheney should have been court-martialed for treason.

• Locked thread