Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Grouchio posted:

That being said what are the chances currently that Trump will get impeached this year?

Definitely a no one knows situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I'd rather not think in terms of "what's good for winning elections" but "what's good for society and the world" and I think Pence is better for that. While Pence would absolutely want to roll back protections for LGBTQ+ citizens, possibly kill of medicare, I don't think he would ever consider using our nukes for the fun of it like Trump would.

I don't know about that. He's almost certainly a Dominionist.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

I legit worry that Evangelical killbot Pence will figure he has a mandate to rapturize America if Trump gets impeached. For all the talk about him being "generic Republican evil" he isn't just some guy who likes low taxes.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Calibanibal posted:

Im very concerned that noted necromancer Pence will take his ascension to the pheonix throne as a divine mandate to corrupt the people of the kingdom into terrifying, immortal moon ghouls and shroud the land in eternal twilight

Make fun all you like but Pence is a known Dominionist and their belief system is straight up "Left Behind but less cool" Just because the man isn't prone to unhinged screaming doesn't mean he's just going to be David Frum.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

That known reasonable centrist, Mike Pence

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Wait, did people think me saying Pence would help rapturize the States means I think that he's literally going to call down the antichrist or some poo poo? I meant he won't back away from and possibly encourage brinksmanship because who cares, the Rapture, and that the fact that he has a calm facade doesn't mean he's actually a rational internationalist statesman.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Helsing posted:

Trump reminds me a lot of Rob Ford, a mayor who was despised by the elite of his own city not based on his policies but based specifically on how much he embarrassed them.

And yet he was canonized on his death.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Timeless Appeal posted:

shows open admiration for President Jackson who openly disdained the judicial branch.

He also actively defied them in order to enact racist policy!

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

xeria posted:

Trump doesn't seem like the type to be overly concerned with what a president can and can't do.

I feel like if he or any other voted out lame duck president refused to leave then it would be [Extremely Street Judge Voice] Judgment Time.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Is that why half his cabinet is generals?

Pretty sure the generals in question would be the first ones calling the capitol cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Pence is a dolt who governed Indiana like a clown, nobody but the churchiest actually likes him.

• Locked thread