Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Despite everything, I don't believe in a Trumpeachment. Everything about Trump was known when the Electoral College made their decision. If you impeach Trump, you go against the wishes of the Grand Electors and their infinite wisdom and their absolutely necessary and indispensable role in democracy.

Really 2016 showed that the electors part of the EC is absolutely pointless. I have no faith they would vote against anyone so whatever safeguard they are supposed to be doing is obviously not going to happen. If we are keeping the asinine electoral college they might as well just instantly award the points instead of having people actually vote based on the state elections. The fact that not one voted against Trump is just another mark against our absolutely poo poo system of government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'd like to think that the idea of "let's pardon this criminal president in the spirit of healing" is as dead as the idea of bipartisanship. I would have to think that if Trump did something SO bad and illegal that the GOP in congress actually impeached him, it would be political suicide to let him get away with it.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 21, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I assumed that meant impeached and convicted leading to a removal from office.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Impeachment is the process of bringing charges so both Clinton and Jackson were impeached. The votes to convict failed in congress.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sorry my bad I meant Andrew Johnson. Should have looked it up.

• Locked thread