Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

None of those things can kill thier idea Quidam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Quidam Viator posted:

We need a series of undeniable, life-ruining fuckups to even have a CHANCE at the American people DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT, because as long as we have our fuckin burrito wrappers, our instagram, and the rest, we will remain too pacified to take action so extreme it's never been attempted before.

My grandfather was a marine in the Pacific theatre of WWII. He was on Guadalcanal in Johnny Basilone's mschine gun squad actually. He used to to tell a story about basic training, I think this would have been roughly 1939. During training they discovered two men having sex. The marine who found screamed out "Queers". This was repeated throughout the camp. The two men were beaten and driven naked out of the camp. Into the poo poo awful swamps of Beaufort and Port Royal.

When you say "undeniable, life-ruining fuckups" what I hear is a return to horrific things like that.

Further, let's say we cross a line and thier ideas are rejected. They can just be put inside of another idea! Like this:

How the Swastika Became a Confederate Flag https://nyti.ms/2qLqfiA

With ideas the same bullshit can always be loaded into another sack. The question of Trump or Pence is a good way to think about it too. People will buy the same poo poo in a prettier bag. Real change isn't so facile as acceleration, it's hard and messy.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Quidam Viator posted:

EDIT: You know what, I changed my mind, it's pointless to say what I have to say here. Forgive the post, please.

For what it's worth, I'm interested and missed it before you took it down.

• Locked thread