Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
It doesn't seem like they're following the Gameboy rule of only catching Ladyba in the morning and Hoothoot at night.

The sense of time was one of the coolest things when I first played Silver, not that it really matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Sjonkel posted:

I've used BGM to automatically rename and check IV's of everything I catch. It doesn't seem too well supported anymore though, last update was after the baby pokemons came out, and the only fix they did was remove them so it wouldn't crash. So I don't have too high hopes for them updating for Gen 2. Are there any other similar programs I can use to quickly sort through my pokemons?

A friend pushed me towards IvStats the other day, not sure how accurate it is or anything but he swears by it.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wish we could kick out some of the 5k gen 1 hatches. gently caress you, Paras, Ponyta, Ekans, loving Sandshrew!

9 eggs, all hatched poo poo gen1 mon. Not even a single baby. I have another 9 cooking now. At least give me a loving Magby with all the goddamn 5ks!

I got a magby out a 10k today. I don't even know why they would put the babies in the 10 category anyway. They're all useless.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

Is anyone else getting a lot of repeats with eggs? I just hatched my fifth sandshrew in six eggs, plus my third Dratini in three.

I just want a Houndour.

No excessive repeats for me, but I have noticed I'm getting a poo poo load more 2k eggs.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

I would say so, unless that ZH/BS is like 20% or something.

Also my wishlist for gym revamp:
-remove CP
-Turn based
-Gym AI can now pick 6 Pokemon from its 10 to try and counter your line up. This should encourage teams to put a diverse range of Pokemon in each gym.

One good/interesting idea I've heard thrown around quite a bit is to have the gyms be taken over by Team Rocket periodically and have them reset. Then there aren't gyms that sit one color for months at a time.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

The update for Android system was the big thing recently. They made it so that developer gps mods declare that it's a fake signal or something like that. Rooted androids can still spoof though and I think iPhones still work.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Riversideblues posted:

Did they change the max gyms you can be in? I swear it used to be 10 but I'm at 8 right now and the game isn't letting me in any others.

I don't think that's ever been a thing. I talked to a friend last week who said he was at 18 or so. that greedy bastard

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

I thought they started banning people for doing the multiple device evolution spree.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

In other regional news, I caught a Taurus a few days ago. I haven't seen one of those in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

Really? I found my battery usage was better after I got the plus. Like, not having my screen on constantly is worth it alone.

I thought that the app stopped working when the screen turned off?

• Locked thread