Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My Year 2 crop layout. Ill probably stick with this for the most part unless I get a bunch of iridium sprinklers somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
You're missing a tile of planks and it's messing with my ocd insanely hard atm.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao "Children from marriage can also be 'turned into doves' at the Witch's Hut in exchange for Prismatic Shards. This is a way to remove unwanted children using dark magic."

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Lmfao "Children from marriage can also be 'turned into doves' at the Witch's Hut in exchange for Prismatic Shards. This is a way to remove unwanted children using dark magic."

Read the part right above that about what you can do with your ex. this is one messed up game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Read the part right above that about what you can do with your ex. this is one messed up game

hell, it cant be anything more twisted than what some of the psychopaths in this forum think

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to buy a pig and name it chungus, but marnie has been staring at her loving microwave for the past 3 hours instead of manning the counter at her store

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i want to buy a pig and name it chungus, but marnie has been staring at her loving microwave for the past 3 hours instead of manning the counter at her store

I've had her sit in her room for 2 hours just to leave, walk past me and then close the store at 11am

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Marnie's too busy loving the mayor while ignoring her dead sister's children as Shane's alcohol fueled depression spirals out of control.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Bill Barber posted:

Marnie's too busy loving the mayor while ignoring her dead sister's children as Shane's alcohol fueled depression spirals out of control.

I'ts a living

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only taken the bus once because I don't trust Pam behind the wheel.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's incredibly hosed up that Pam is the bus driver given her particularly problematic story arc. Sadly, it's the only way I can see Sandy.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

life sucks in stardew valley unless you inherit a massive farm

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pretty psyched for spring to start. really the main stuff i'm missing in the bundles are nearly everything with the enchanter (i need to prioritize getting a rabbit) and 3 fish. fish are easy enough to catch if you know their schedules, and i'm not above looking it up. i'm pretty sure i'm primed to go into massive production mode for spring. the only thing holding me back are batteries, and i installed 10 lightning rods during the winter.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

how do you catch fish. im awful at fishing,is there a trick ?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Holy crap it's 2am. I need to uninstall this game...

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Jenny Agutter posted:

The fish vendor sells soup that increases your fishing skill. The higher your skill is. The easier it gets.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Jenny Agutter posted:

The lil bar that moves gets bigger with your fishing skill so it gets easier. Otherwise, practice!

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Later you can invest in crab pots

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My crab pots kept getting filled with soggy newspapers and CDs so I stopped caring about them

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

My crab pots kept getting filled with soggy newspapers and CDs so I stopped caring about them

Make recycling machines my dude

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Imagine what you can do with 200 free hours of Joja Online

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Also make friends with Linus and he gives you the recipe for sashimi, which can be made from any fish, so it allows crab pots to become a good energy source. And as a bonus, most villagers like it as a gift

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Abigail: Oh wow yummy thanks!

Kent: They fed me this when I was a POW in the Gotoro Empire. gently caress you.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Kent: They fed me this when I was a POW in the Gotoro Empire. gently caress you.

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kent sends me mail bombs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I lost all off my social progress with everyone in town because I put sap in the potluck soup

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

I think I lost all off my social progress with everyone in town because I put sap in the potluck soup

Lol. I have an irl experience like this. I went to a party where everyone is supposed to bring liquor/fruit juice/soda etc and we all mix it in a cooler and drink from it, and I brought fireball whiskey and it overpowered everything and tasted horrible and everyone was mad at me

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Ristolaz posted:

Lol. I have an irl experience like this. I went to a party where everyone is supposed to bring liquor/fruit juice/soda etc and we all mix it in a cooler and drink from it, and I brought fireball whiskey and it overpowered everything and tasted horrible and everyone was mad at me

tbf that would've tasted terrible without the fireball

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

mfcrocker posted:

tbf that would've tasted terrible without the fireball

The host puts a shitload of fruit juice and ginger ale to start so its usually good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you mess up hooch lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Early in the game you get three crab pots as a reward for something, and I put em in the ocean just off the shore. There has never been anything in them and I stopped checking after a month. They're still there.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sorry for double post but my all pig strat is starting to pay off. Combined with the perk that sometimes doubles foraged items, I'm swimming in truffle oil. :D

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Early in the game you get three crab pots as a reward for something, and I put em in the ocean just off the shore. There has never been anything in them and I stopped checking after a month. They're still there.

You gotta put bait in tjem

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Crab pot junk is a good source of quartz if you put it in a recycling machine.

It's better to just built 10 or 20 recycling machines then run past them at the start and end of each day and just feed them junk.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my general trick to fishing is tapping the mouse button so that your bar never gets too much momentum. also, there are certain fish that are put into the game to essentially be uncatchable, so don't worry about that. and if you have a lake on your property it will have really lazy, easy fish by design, which is a good way to build the skill and get a larger catch bar.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sorry for double post but my all pig strat is starting to pay off. Combined with the perk that sometimes doubles foraged items, I'm swimming in truffle oil. :D

do you have about milli on you right now?

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 21, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

my general trick to fishing is tapping the mouse button so that your bar never gets too much momentum. also, there are certain fish that are put into the game to essentially be uncatchable, so don't worry about that. and if you have a lake on your property it will have really lazy, easy fish by design, which is a good way to build the skill and get a larger catch bar.

do you have about milli on you right now?

I've been hovering around a million for a while now, give or take 50k in either direction. Last night I broke through to about 1.2m when my melons were ready. I'm gonna have to set up another sprinkler system to speed this up, maybe another pig barn. What I definitely need is another shed for casks. I still have over 900 beers and roughly 200 of each gold star cheese just waiting to be fermented.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm not sure what artisan product i'm going to pump for my second year. i would like to break a million for old grandad, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm sort of mad at myself, because i forgot that the quality crops bundle was a thing, and i could've easily produced 5 golden parsnips in spring 1 if i'd thought about it. that would've given me a year one greenhouse. oh well, early year two is still pretty good. it'll let me make melons through all of fall and winter 2.

• Locked thread