Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Why is that guy's quote Magic Cake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Why is that guy's quote Magic Cake?

He is very lucky.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Epic expansions happening in Fall 3, including more sprinkler farms, few more alien hut things, and an oak farm running down the center of it all. Need muh kegs. Also started my gem doubling farm, got like a dozen or so right now with 7 of them currently duping diamonds. I'm also planning on some kind of town square thing around the southern lake, still not sure what to do w/it but I got some stone floors and walls up for now.

Pics will come when I get the chance to clean it up properly.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had a bank of like 8 lightning rods for around 2 months that never produced anything, and after a storm at the end of spring 2 i got about 10 batteries at once. obviously many of those went into iridium sprinklers...

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

got my silo, producing mayo and the cash is starting to flow in.now to decide between upgrading more tools or getting a kitchen

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Spring 2 and I just bought 80 starfruit plants and built 10 kegs. Summer's gonna make me rich.

e: The forest farm is nice.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 23, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

at the date posted:

Spring 2 and I just bought 80 starfruit plants and built 10 kegs. Summer's gonna make me rich.

e: The forest farm is nice.

Very nice.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
If I liked this will I like starbound

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The beginning of summer was super rainy but since I decided that I needed to upgrade my watering can there hasn't been a single rainy day.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump_fn posted:

no

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Evil Eagle posted:

The beginning of summer was super rainy but since I decided that I needed to upgrade my watering can there hasn't been a single rainy day.
Luckily not being watered just stunts growth, not kills the crop.

Also check the forecast you idiot!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

Luckily not being watered just stunts growth, not kills the crop.

Also check the forecast you idiot!

I do on the TV every day. Is there a weeklong one or something?

I have melons that are going to be ready on the 28th or I'd skip a day.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

You can craft a rain totem to make the next day rain too

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it took me five days, but all of my first summer crops are in place, plus i have a temporary (but ugly) greenhouse layout

also, i feel like a loser for thinking this, but i regret marrying leah

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

bump_fn posted:

They're not comparable. But if you're interested in Starbound, I'd recommend Terraria if you haven't played it yet.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

it took me five days, but all of my first summer crops are in place, plus i have a temporary (but ugly) greenhouse layout

You can divorce

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On the same day I got a greenhouse and wife. Things are looking up

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

On the same day I got a greenhouse and wife. Things are looking up
His name?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

sector_corrector posted:

why

she puts water in your dog's bowl

what more do you want

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leah

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a cool feeling once you start making in a single day what you used to make in a month. anyway, getting the cellar put onto my house, which is new content for me. i'm in middle summer and my piece of poo poo rabbit still hasn't shed one of its feet, but i guess i got two more months for that to happen, or to hit the jackpot and have one show up in the traveller's inventory. just that and a pomegranate and i've restored the community center.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

i married leah cause it would be weird to date a girl who lives with her parents

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

it's a cool feeling once you start making in a single day what you used to make in a month. anyway, getting the cellar put onto my house, which is new content for me. i'm in middle summer and my piece of poo poo rabbit still hasn't shed one of its feet, but i guess i got two more months for that to happen, or to hit the jackpot and have one show up in the traveller's inventory. just that and a pomegranate and i've restored the community center.

Once summer rolls around all Ill need is a truffle and a rabbit foot. Are rabbits feet relatively rare, like duck feathers?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

good choice

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Do people get sick of getting the same gift over and over again or can I just keep stuffing Maru full of cauliflower and copper ingots until she loves me?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Day 1 with the wife and she watered all my crops...paid for itself at this point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Do people get sick of getting the same gift over and over again or can I just keep stuffing Maru full of cauliflower and copper ingots until she loves me?

I'm no expert but I gave Leah driftwood and leeks for a year straight until she married me so I don't think stuff scales off

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Once summer rolls around all Ill need is a truffle and a rabbit foot. Are rabbits feet relatively rare, like duck feathers?

yeah, the rabbits have to be either full happiness or close to it, and then it's also dependent on luck. i think the eels in the skull cave also drop them, but according to the wiki it's a .5% drop rate

so uh, i guess i can just spend winter killing 200 of them ;(

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

One of the Skull Cave monsters drops a rabbit's foot pretty regularly. I think it's the flying dragon thing.

e;fb

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's some dish that ups your luck. i feel like it has a star fruit in it? don't have the recipe to make it tho... might look into that.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The same enemy drops Spicy Eel even more commonly, which if I remember correctly is a luck + speed boost.

Just spend a few days getting as deep as you can in the Skull Cave. Start right at 10am, bring a few bombs and some purple mushrooms. You'll get a ton of useful materials anyway.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

You know what they say in the valley, the way to a womans heart is through her window with a 30 pound bar of iron

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hopefully my fail-rear end rabbit drops one before then, but it's good to know i have the skull caves as a backup.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

this is one of those games that I feel like I should be horrifyingly addicted to, then i sit down to play it and, er, don't

i dunno if it comes down to decision paralysis on what to do or just general life malaise or what

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ciaphas posted:

this is one of those games that I feel like I should be horrifyingly addicted to, then i sit down to play it and, er, don't

i dunno if it comes down to decision paralysis on what to do or just general life malaise or what

i've spent a gross amount of time in the game, but it's been divided between two different files. for me, the core gameplay loop is really satisfying, and making, implementing, and acting on plans for my farm is very engaging.

i'll probably put it aside for a while after i finish this file, because i'm getting a lot busier over the next few months, and i've put way too much time into it already.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I married Abigail because she eats amethysts and those are pretty common and easy to make with the gem duplicator machine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish this travelling salesman would give me a freaking coffee bean already!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

thread reminds me that I kinda want to try farming simulator '17 for some reason

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

You know what they say in the valley, the way to a womans heart is through her window with a 30 pound bar of iron

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I married Maru cos she's smart

• Locked thread