Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I have one coffee bean plot and a few cranberries setup in my greenhouse. I keep the coffee for the townspeople and straight up sell the wine since I don't need to add any more to my beerlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm a week or so away from getting a green house. Do trees grow in it? I'd like having a mini tropical grove in it or something g

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

I'm a week or so away from getting a green house. Do trees grow in it? I'd like having a mini tropical grove in it or something g

Yea fruit trees grow in it. I hve 2 of each but I think you can squueze in a couple more

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I believe you can even grow trees on the ground around the dirt area in the greenhouse.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Catberry posted:

I believe you can even grow trees on the ground around the dirt area in the greenhouse.

Yeah I should have specified. You don't have to give up any of your dirt spots

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Yeah I should have specified. You don't have to give up any of your dirt spots

Oooooo thats wicked.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah see my layout from before about optimal tree/sprinkler placements for the greenhouse.

He actually patched out the fact that you can plant trees on the tile terrace or whatever in the greenhouse, but then people complained about it so he put it back in, which is nice.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
halfway through winter i always get the desire to just sleep the remaining 13 days or w/e away, but i know that's time i could be spending getting money from the mine to get spring off to a good start ;(

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's a total grind to unlock, but a couple of the rewards for the monster killing quests are quite good. The burglar ring (which is also the most annoying to get) gives you Iridium bars on the regular.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

It's a total grind to unlock, but a couple of the rewards for the monster killing quests are quite good. The burglar ring (which is also the most annoying to get) gives you Iridium bars on the regular.

hmm, i've never really done those before. i don't have much winter left, but maybe i'll do that early in winter 2.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
do girlfriend / boyfriends still give you poo poo if you give gifts to other people? i want to start working on getting everyone up to 8 hearts, but i don't want to have to juggle hearts with leah/maru (haven't decided yet)

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

sector_corrector posted:

do girlfriend / boyfriends still give you poo poo if you give gifts to other people? i want to start working on getting everyone up to 8 hearts, but i don't want to have to juggle hearts with leah/maru (haven't decided yet)

I don't think you lose any hearts with them. It's just flavor text.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fenced in my pigs to make truffles easier to find.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
You've got the foraging perk that makes everything max quality right? That makes truffles super OP.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah but I was under the impression that quality doesn't effect the sale price of truffle oil?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
If you're doing all oil, no. I always sell like half and make oil with the other half because it's easier and quicker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got a rainy day tomorrow. Ive got a lot of fishing to cram in.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

thank you for all the fishing advice. I caught some more fish and now I really need to focus on upgrading my tools I think. got a chicken, it is currently grumpy and I hope my silo gets built before it starves because I can't figure out how else to feed it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Buy hay and put it in the feed trough

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think my chicks went without food for like 5 days before I realized why they were pissed at me.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jenny Agutter posted:

thank you for all the fishing advice. I caught some more fish and now I really need to focus on upgrading my tools I think. got a chicken, it is currently grumpy and I hope my silo gets built before it starves because I can't figure out how else to feed it

in any season except winter, just let it out of the coop (the little chicken sized door). it will path towards and eat any grass it finds. i usually go inside and pet my animals before letting them out, because they move quickly and chasing 10 creatures around the barnyard to give them attention is irritating.

i also typically fence in my animal buildings and have a single exit that leads out to a grazing pasture.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

oh I though I could use wheat to make hay or jsut to feed to the chicken. I guess its cool the game doesn't hold your hand but some of it isn't very intuitive. looking for answers about hay,apparently you can open the coop gate to let the birds forage but I didn't even know there was a gate, gotta try that

E: should have read before replying ^

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah, I cut all my grass like an idiot before I had the building that turns it into hay. Idk how long grass takes to spread but I have some grass starters planted atm.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's kinda lame but I still want it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

eff yeah :black101:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

oh I though I could use wheat to make hay or jsut to feed to the chicken. I guess its cool the game doesn't hold your hand but some of it isn't very intuitive. looking for answers about hay,apparently you can open the coop gate to let the birds forage but I didn't even know there was a gate, gotta try that

E: should have read before replying ^

no offense but you sound like a loving moron for trying to make hay out of wheat

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

trying to jack off posted:

no offense but you sound like a loving moron for trying to make hay out of wheat

In Training posted:

Hmm. Feeding chickens is a zero sum game if I can't grow the wheat myself. I need to get a wheat field...and a silo...

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

its harvest moon training that makes you think that you dumb rear end

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you have a lot of animals you can get around building another silo by harvesting a shitload of hay, putting it into a chest, and then harvesting more hay to actually fill the silo. at that point you can leftclick to add hay back to the hopper. or just build a silo, because they look cool, and they're very cheap as far as buildings go.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, anyone ever bothered with a slime hutch? i feel like come fall i'll have a ton of money and resources and nothing major to do with them, but the payoffs aren't that great from what i remember...

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

also, anyone ever bothered with a slime hutch? i feel like come fall i'll have a ton of money and resources and nothing major to do with them, but the payoffs aren't that great from what i remember...

yeah, the slimes are cute but you just basically harvest a lot of slime. And you need the slime charmer ring from killing 1000 slimes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

you still make hay out of grass in harvest moon. because thats how you make hay

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bolverkur posted:

Minecraft too :henget:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ristolaz posted:

yeah, the slimes are cute but you just basically harvest a lot of slime. And you need the slime charmer ring from killing 1000 slimes

ah... i'll build one just to build it, but prob won't put that much effort into it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

you still make hay out of grass in harvest moon. because thats how you make hay

what i mean is that you had to plant it in harvest moon like regular plants. grass planting is different in this stardew so it confuses dumb millenials.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

It's not really that practical but you can do selective breeding on the base slimes and get all kinds of colors. I think there are other traits passed on also like aggressiveness and item drop chance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I'm HM64 you had to plant hay seeds. This has a weird mechanic where once you have a silo hay flies out of your head whenever you cut grass and just disappears into the silo no matter where you are. There's no other resource like that in Stardew

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I'm a dimbass millennial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
winllenial

• Locked thread