Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive recently gotten fully into Stardew Valley. My most played game on N64 was Harvest Moon 64 to the point where I had a barn full of 50/50 sheeps and cows producing golden wool and golden milk which is like minimum 8 in game years to reach that point, which, in retrospect, is insane, but I have a deep intrinsic love of games like this. Before the idea of Survival Crafting was forever bastardized by low effort pc games, there have been games that actually treat that idea super well, and Stardew Valley seems like an amazing version of that idea.

I know some Imps have already played a ton of this, there was a thread around its a release a year or so ago, and I'd love to see some pics of their insane Mega Farms, and for people like me who picked it up in the humble bundle and are just digging (lol!!!!) in.

My posts so far on my farm:

In Training posted:

The journey of a thousand beers begins with a single bean.

In Training posted:

Mid Spring Check In:

The veggies that produce multiple harvests don't seem to do too well on sales compared to the equivalent of just growing a lot of one off crops over the same time period. And this first season is pretty scattershot because you don't have too much money going in but my plan is to have a) a coop up and running before spring ends and b) a much cleaner looking farm space in the next season. I've also been plinking away at the mine to get upgraded tools, a bar or two away from my first one, which will probably be a Bronze Watering Can.

Additional photos of the current farm:

My WIP tree grove so I can have a sustainable wood source

With my current income levels, blowing an evening drinking beer and playing arcade games puts a serious dent in my budget...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to design my farm aesthetically first so bad but at the start I just don't have that luxury yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just did a fist pump because I know tomorrow Ill be able to afford a coop. Also closing in on the end of spring, need to stockpile cash and plan my new season of crops, now that I can afford to.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is like, the ideal morning coffee game for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man I just unlocked tree taps...I want an epic maple grove now...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Summer has arrived. And I need to take a break because my morning just disappeared :sweatdrop:

Though I had enough gold to kickstart one bigger farm but I overreached, oops. Also I need to start growing wheat to feed my chickens.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you go the JoJa mart route the game should just uninstall itself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I could make sprinklers but I like farming all day and pretty much only talk to the one girl I want to marry.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmm. Feeding chickens is a zero sum game if I can't grow the wheat myself. I need to get a wheat field...and a silo...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Just buy it like a normal person. The game offers so much to do, please don't waste it farming a huge field of wheat every day.

EDIT: They also eat grass if you let them outside but eventually they'll eat all the grass.

If you buy one piece of wheat for 50g to feed a chicken for a day they produce one 50g egg. Ill do this right. Ive got a nice sized wheat patch outside now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I'm working on making a mayonnaise maker but I need uhh an iron ore I think. Haven't gotten deep enough in the mines yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Accidentally played this all day. Starting to make mayo and preserves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My basic layout:

Got another 3x6 under the pond that you can't see.

Wine shed.

drat...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thats a very pleasant looking greenhouse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You got to level 40 halfway through spring O_o ??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So far idk if jams is worth it. I mean of course they are because the jams are always worth more than the fruit but they take days to produce a single Jam. Also my maple grove hasn't produced any sap yet and they've been tapped for like 10 days :rant:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Diving back in. After the latest harvest I can afford a barn. Can't wait to start producing a bunch of cheese

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marnie is also just loving off somewhere while her store is open with no one manning the counter...I need cows

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I chose foraging. The farm space seems limited compared to original but the grassyarea on the left side of the map respawns about 20 hardwood stumps every day along with a bunch of the forage materials from that season, usually gold star quality

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fishing layout makes me want to restart and make little crop islands but Ive already put 10+ hours into this file...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

thats what I did in the pics on the last page, it looks cool and cozy but now that its lategame I wish I had more space

Yeah, it's a wonderful looking farm. What's the point of the mining one, it just seems to be a regular farm with plateaus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ended summer with 4 cows 4 chickens and a steel watering bucket. Also around level 70 in the mines. I love how exponential the expansion is in this game, i spent 2 weeks at the start spinning my wheels watching a single bean grow so I could flip it for some hay but now I stack like 4g a day and stuff is just exploding on the fields

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My fall farm:

Finally have the luxury of a nice looking plot thats also easy to maintain. Will likely mirror this style on the west side with some of the other fall crops. I need to revisit that space I just dumped tree seeds into because its ugly and I can get infinte wood right outside my farm anyway.

Vineyard, anticipating some kegs Ill be making.

A question about trees: tip text on the special tree seeds like apples and such say they wont grow unless theres empty space in a circle around them. Is this true for all trees

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Corn juice

Yum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i just remembered the incredible, unparalleled fall feel of this game

The fall music is god-tier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only part of the community center that seems like it will be tricky is the bulletin board stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like a rere but where is the incubator in the Large Coop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ty. I died twice in the mines which pisses me off, lost like 15 levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fall draws to a close and I have an upgraded coop and barn, level 10 farming and almost all gold tools, and I lucked into an iridium bar so I have a sweet iridium sprinkler. IDK what Im planning to do for winter though, Ive been stockpiling grapes so I can cranking out wine in the cold long month ahead but beyond that...who knows

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Winter is a good time to hoard ores from the mines, as well as visit with your fellow townsfolk and increase your relationships.

Is it like harvest moon where you cant grow crops?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh phew I love farming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reogranized my artisanal section for winter. The two empty slots will house my two kegs once I can move them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My winter farm

also reached the bottom of the mines. whats the most consistent way to get iridium, I want to spend the rest of winter stockpiling good sprinklers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

the place the skull key unlocks, aalso if you have any meteors on your property thats an easy bar or so

The quarry also seems pretty killer for ore gathering

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Very calming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'll just focus on finishing the community center in Year 2. I've just got bulletin board and Fishing left but i hadn't fished until winter so I have a lot of catching up to do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In an interesting bit of timing harvest moon 64 is coming out on VC this week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My Year 2 crop layout. Ill probably stick with this for the most part unless I get a bunch of iridium sprinklers somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao "Children from marriage can also be 'turned into doves' at the Witch's Hut in exchange for Prismatic Shards. This is a way to remove unwanted children using dark magic."

• Locked thread