Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
If you go the jojo route then try to get the greenhouse up. Then you can grow all winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Whoops! Joja route.

The Joja warehouse is for people who did the community center once and want to get the upgrades without fetching all the different things for the bundles. So you buy the upgrades for gold instead.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If your grandpas ghost gives your farm the best rating at the end of Year 2 you get a pink cat statue that produces between 3-11 iridium ores a day or something crazy like that. It's more than enough for me to subside on without having to mine or fight things, which is literally the only weakness this game has IMHO.

Yes but by the time you get that. Most players will have been to the skull caverns enough to have almost all the iridium they need.

For iridium i buy 100 medium sized bombs and then run into the skull cavern and just blow everything up. It's a very good source of all kinds of minerals and gems.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Not me, which is why I said it. Relax lol

I'm super relaxed!

Anyway getting 12 points and the statue can be tricky. Depending on how much time the player has already put into the save.

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Grandpa

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Jenny Agutter posted:

how do you catch fish. im awful at fishing,is there a trick ?

The fish vendor sells soup that increases your fishing skill. The higher your skill is. The easier it gets.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Later you can invest in crab pots

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Crab pot junk is a good source of quartz if you put it in a recycling machine.

It's better to just built 10 or 20 recycling machines then run past them at the start and end of each day and just feed them junk.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I believe you can even grow trees on the ground around the dirt area in the greenhouse.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

sector_corrector posted:

do girlfriend / boyfriends still give you poo poo if you give gifts to other people? i want to start working on getting everyone up to 8 hearts, but i don't want to have to juggle hearts with leah/maru (haven't decided yet)

I don't think you lose any hearts with them. It's just flavor text.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
I married Abigail because she eats amethysts and those are pretty common and easy to make with the gem duplicator machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

In Training posted:

Wool seems to be an alright artisan production but I feel like at this point I could dump all my animals and just make fat stacks off crops and wine

Animals are a lot of work. To do well with them you need to poke each animal one or twice every day. In contract you only need to work on crops on the day you harvest and replant.

• Locked thread