Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I have autism and ask me how to get 1000 iridium in the skull cave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I played on the river farm. You run out of space if you wanna powerfarm but you can also conceivably fill the whole thing up, which is satisfying.

Minerals

Greenhouse

Out side. The shed has kegs

I have three islands just for cash crops

Sap farm. It looks epic in the fall

My hens

We did it!!!!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Emily changed the drat floor in the living room without asking me.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm curious what the other farm layouts look like

check this out

https://stardew.info/planner/

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Fishing layout makes me want to restart and make little crop islands but Ive already put 10+ hours into this file...

thats what I did in the pics on the last page, it looks cool and cozy but now that its lategame I wish I had more space

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Yeah, it's a wonderful looking farm. What's the point of the mining one, it just seems to be a regular farm with plateaus

There's respawning ore veins but imo it looks cool in a unique way. I like cliffs

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Ended summer with 4 cows 4 chickens and a steel watering bucket. Also around level 70 in the mines. I love how exponential the expansion is in this game, i spent 2 weeks at the start spinning my wheels watching a single bean grow so I could flip it for some hay but now I stack like 4g a day and stuff is just exploding on the fields

A cool way to feel this, is with winter seeds

You can combine 1 of each winter forage item to get 10 seeds, which grows more winter forage items. Then keep crafting more seeds. I think one winter I started with 40 seeds and ended with ~400 to use for next winter. With the perk that makes all foraged items max quality it's pretty profitable too

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

My fall farm:

Finally have the luxury of a nice looking plot thats also easy to maintain. Will likely mirror this style on the west side with some of the other fall crops. I need to revisit that space I just dumped tree seeds into because its ugly and I can get infinte wood right outside my farm anyway.

Vineyard, anticipating some kegs Ill be making.

A question about trees: tip text on the special tree seeds like apples and such say they wont grow unless theres empty space in a circle around them. Is this true for all trees

Cool lookin fsrm dude.

Normal trees won't grow right next to other trees but they should still grow if there's rocks/grass etc next to them. Fruit trees need a completely clear zone, this includes the zone of other fruit trees so they have to be 2 spaces apart

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Corn juice

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm rebuilding some structures since my initial placement was sloppy. I have one of those green alien huts built but I've never seen them come out, will they just automatically bring crops back or what?

You can move any building by going to robin, and yeah they come out and harvest crops BUT not on rainy days

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Robin will move a barn full of cows instantly with just her bare arms

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Winter seeds are annoying cause the soil drys up

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Its to do an insane skull cave dive to floor 200, which is also expensive, but if you do it right youll only need to do it once

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

I played a season of this game and enjoyed it - and I stopped sometime after lightning struck my poo poo!!! I wanna dive back into it though. Maybe this time actually work on designing my farm to look nice - though I don't really know where to start there.

I think you just kinda feel it out. It helps to know that all the buildings can be moved so not much is really permanent.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Bill Barber posted:

Marnie's too busy loving the mayor while ignoring her dead sister's children as Shane's alcohol fueled depression spirals out of control.

I'ts a living

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Jenny Agutter posted:

how do you catch fish. im awful at fishing,is there a trick ?

The lil bar that moves gets bigger with your fishing skill so it gets easier. Otherwise, practice!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

My crab pots kept getting filled with soggy newspapers and CDs so I stopped caring about them

Make recycling machines my dude

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Also make friends with Linus and he gives you the recipe for sashimi, which can be made from any fish, so it allows crab pots to become a good energy source. And as a bonus, most villagers like it as a gift

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Abigail: Oh wow yummy thanks!

Kent: They fed me this when I was a POW in the Gotoro Empire. gently caress you.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

I think I lost all off my social progress with everyone in town because I put sap in the potluck soup

Lol. I have an irl experience like this. I went to a party where everyone is supposed to bring liquor/fruit juice/soda etc and we all mix it in a cooler and drink from it, and I brought fireball whiskey and it overpowered everything and tasted horrible and everyone was mad at me

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

mfcrocker posted:

tbf that would've tasted terrible without the fireball

The host puts a shitload of fruit juice and ginger ale to start so its usually good

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Early in the game you get three crab pots as a reward for something, and I put em in the ocean just off the shore. There has never been anything in them and I stopped checking after a month. They're still there.

You gotta put bait in tjem

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm a week or so away from getting a green house. Do trees grow in it? I'd like having a mini tropical grove in it or something g

Yea fruit trees grow in it. I hve 2 of each but I think you can squueze in a couple more

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Catberry posted:

I believe you can even grow trees on the ground around the dirt area in the greenhouse.

Yeah I should have specified. You don't have to give up any of your dirt spots

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

also, anyone ever bothered with a slime hutch? i feel like come fall i'll have a ton of money and resources and nothing major to do with them, but the payoffs aren't that great from what i remember...

yeah, the slimes are cute but you just basically harvest a lot of slime. And you need the slime charmer ring from killing 1000 slimes

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Why is that guy's quote Magic Cake?

He is very lucky.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

You can craft a rain totem to make the next day rain too

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

it took me five days, but all of my first summer crops are in place, plus i have a temporary (but ugly) greenhouse layout

also, i feel like a loser for thinking this, but i regret marrying leah

You can divorce

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Do people get sick of getting the same gift over and over again or can I just keep stuffing Maru full of cauliflower and copper ingots until she loves me?

You know what they say in the valley, the way to a womans heart is through her window with a 30 pound bar of iron

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

can the rain totems cause lightning storms? its been ages since Ive gotten any batteries and i need some ASAP!!!

nope

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Summer Year 2 farm:

ANything more than this and I wont have the stamina to do anything else in a day, cant wait for the first bigass harvest when I make a billion dollars

Looks good my dude

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

frank.club posted:

Nice, you even got a funny number for the time

*spits out tomato wine*

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Winter year 3. I think I'm gonna get rid of my slime hutch and barn and use that space just for looks

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

So do pigs just leave truffles outside? I may move my barn and put a fence up + grass and give them their own plot

Yup. They count as foraged items so the perk that makes everything iridium quality affects it. And the one that gives chance of double

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

i mean, you got to get to a million somehow

You need 10 million for the gold clock >:]

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

This guy seems very cool.

He is and he deserves the bajillions of dollars this game made

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

I got a rabbits foot today, summer 28. So the community center is done, and between my pigs and greenhouse I make 40k a day without having to do any chores. I guess I should sleep through the rest of the year for the evaluation

Go for some 'chieves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What other good farm games are there? I'd love something like this on 3ds

Stardew valley onthe Nintendo switch

• Locked thread