Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

probably a plane or a boat, unless you're coming from the northeast or Norway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Softly off topic but I'm going to Chile in a week, what do I need?

Sorry to derail ur thread op but i didn't think this topic deserved its own offshoot thread

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

realtalk I agree that socks are important, and for travel it's hard to beat a collection of good wool socks, smartwool or the like. a variety for different situations is good, lighter ones in dark colors are great for semiformal or at least less casual situations, various degrees of padding are awesome for various intensities of walking/hiking. wool is warm in winter and (surprisingly) cool in warmer weather, stinks a lot less than cotton/poly, can be handwashed in sinks with the woolite in foil packets you should be carrying with you. don't machine wash them if you want them to last.

i am packing everything for my trip icluding myself in a recursive system of increasingly large Darn Tough (TM) socks

ty manifisto

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

so is everything in tubes in sweden?

Twilight zone twist: even we, and the entire country of sweden, are inside a tube!!

alnilam

NO heckin paprika, ya hear?! :toughguy:

• Locked thread