Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

an understanding of diacritical marks

Manifisto

giant bucketloads of cash in case you want to, say, order a meal at a restaurant or a drink at a bar

Manifisto

Blanketspace posted:

Several pairs of socks. Take some utility socks (you know the ones), formal socks (self-explanatory), the OTHER pair of utility socks (yeah, I'm talking about THAT pair), some thigh highs (cold knows no gender, and it gets chile if you catch my drift...) and also more socks. If you pack enough socks you don't need underwear because people'll just see all the socks and go "Wow, that one's got balls!". Don't even take a suitcase... Just pack all of your things in systems of overlapping socks!

Change your socks, change your attitude.

realtalk I agree that socks are important, and for travel it's hard to beat a collection of good wool socks, smartwool or the like. a variety for different situations is good, lighter ones in dark colors are great for semiformal or at least less casual situations, various degrees of padding are awesome for various intensities of walking/hiking. wool is warm in winter and (surprisingly) cool in warmer weather, stinks a lot less than cotton/poly, can be handwashed in sinks with the woolite in foil packets you should be carrying with you. don't machine wash them if you want them to last.

Manifisto

Catberry posted:

I heard in a press conference that OP has arrived in Sweden.

:swoon:

Manifisto

lmbo calrissian posted:

All tourism is exploitation.

so dante exploited the gently caress out of hell

hard to feel too bad about that one I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

scandanavians seem very concerned about the fact that grandiosa without paprika costs slightly more than grandiosa with paprika, and an unexpectedly large number of people have typed out theories about why this price discrepancy exists

http://www.dinside.no/guru/hvorfor-koster-grandiosa-uten-paprika-mer

I for one am glad scandanavian folks are so attentive to such seemingly trivial economic issues, we all could learn something from them

• Locked thread