Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Having Ruby Rose speak only in sign language was a really good choice. Her accent is really jarring (and that's coming from someone with the same accent) and I doubt she'd be able to cover it up well.

WarpedLichen posted:

The first part of killing the sister also felt too easy for an "impossible target."

I think it was less 'impossible' and more 'an awful idea'. She's a member of the High Table, and should be considered 'untouchable'. No one would normally consider killing someone of her status. Cassian wasn't exactly that present when she was at the party - it seemed like he was mostly kept as a formality. She's safe via status, rather than having Cassian or other security around.

SplitScreenGamer posted:

It always amazes me to see an actor who was in a famous movie series nearly 20 years ago come back and be even cooler.

Larry Fishburne has had a career most people can only dream of. Apocalypse Now, Boyz N Tha Hood, Othello, The Matrix, Hannibal. He's never really stopped having great roles. I think you're probably talking about Keanu, but Fishburne rules too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

be sure to blast this as you scroll through the thread :

https://open.spotify.com/track/6oGeBue7rM8Fh0IZ4lHKLr

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

For a few minutes I thought that she was lady pope AND a member of the High table. Strong illuminati vibes

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Yeah I think that's implied. Probably gonna see some sort of "professional courtesy" team-up, given that both he and Wick seem to be on the outs with the established assassin world, to varying degrees.

Maybe Ruby Rose, too.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah there's an illuminati cop that asks John if there was a 'gas leak'. He was in the first, too.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

tin can made man posted:

This could easily be an intentional motivation by Unconvincing Russian/Exemplary Grizzled White Actor, Peter Stormare. Just turning over one's belly to anyone, even the Boogeyman, probably makes you chum in the waters of their underworld society. On the other hand, having a crew of guys killed/maimed by John Wick himself may be a mark of merit or accomplishment. Per the script, Laurence Fishburne didnt rise to his position as King of the Outcasts From Demolition Man because of his canny, knowledge, or skill, but because he had been attacked by Wick, survived, and had the scars to prove it

I think this is very true. Having survived an encounter with Wick gives a huge amount of clout in the underworld. Common's character may follow in the footsteps of Fishburne's, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Seriously the best pseudo-Bond theme since Snake Eater

The movie Spy has 'Who Can You Trust' by Ivy Levan and it's 110% a Bond riff. It sounds like how Roger Moore looks.

John Wick 2's music is pretty great, the soundtrack is on Spotify. I didn't realise that Le Castle Vania was involved until I'd looked it up.

• Locked thread