Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PJOmega
May 5, 2009
The opening sequence was amazing but made little sense to me. As soon as Wick called he should've ordered the car released. He knew Wick was coming. He had a huge smuggling operation about to occur to clear everything out in case Wick was coming. Be the first to extend the branch.

Also, I get the feeling that the AssCoins they were loading up weren't entirely legit. Why else have the scene with the coin craftsman in the garden? Since coins are apparently produced and distributed by the consulate, that would indicate that they are indeed a reputation system rather than strictly fiducial. If a family was indeed creating counterfeits in order to sway more freelancers that would likely grievously upset the detente that is represented by the high table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Zeris posted:

There are no NYC trains you can board from both sides of the platform :colbert:

There are no assassin run hotels that accept gold doubloons as payment in NYC. :colbert: ^2

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

It sets up the rest of the movie. John Wick sets out to get his car back, and he does get his car back, but by the time he gets his car back there's nearly nothing of it left. Through the rest of the movie, he sets out to get his life back, but when he does get it back there's nearly nothing of it left. (To this end, I really liked the one brief scene of Wick sitting in his destroyed house with his dog next to him. This is his throne.) Put this next to the couple times in the movie Wick offers some variation of "you can walk away or we can both die."

Had not thought of it that way. Kudos on that observation.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Electromax posted:

Yeah, I liked that one too. It "mirrors" the beginning of the scene entrance.

I honestly figured the second was a splice. Relatively easy to mask it. Otherwise how did the shoot it?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah I can't see any other way either, although we should note that these guys are at the very top of their game and they literally spent months just loving around with mirrors in a warehouse figuring out all the super tricky stuff before they even started filming.

I agree completely. It's gorgeously done if it's a splice, if it's not a splice it is mind blowing. Either way got a jaw drop in the theatre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Like if you know what Wick truly is, then why the gently caress do you keep on provoking someone who can clearly just wipe you and any 100's of armed henchman out.... and why the gently caress are you going to keep taunting him when he has just rampaged through your museum and blown away your closest 50 armed guards?

Hubris.

• Locked thread