Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Guess I'm gonna be the contrarian and say I didn't like it as much as the first one. All of the fight scenes felt really samey and there was nothing approaching the sublime perfection of the nightclub shootout from 1. Whiny Italian guy isn't nearly as good a villain as the Russians, the expansion of the ~mythology~ didn't do anything for me, and having Ruby initially seem to be the big end-fight but no wait its actually Common wait it is actually Ruby was really scattershot and poorly paced.

There were high points, mostly Laurence Fishburne's acting and the subway fight between Wick and Common. While its not as good as 1, its still a well-made action movie that's a nice antidote to most of the absolute garbage that comprises American action movies. But if they try to keep coasting along with the same approach for 3, its going to feel really stale.

We also never see Ruby even a little naked which is disappointing cause she was cute as f.

EDIT: Oh, and I realize that Keanu Reeves isn't the Greatest Actor Unto Life or anything but could you seriously not get a better take for his final line?

1stGear fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Yeah even in the very first scene theres a big car crash in Midtown Manhattan after a few minutes of drifting, and literally no-one reacts in any way and no LEOs arrive

The only LEO in both movies knows better than to get involved with John's business. I imagine that's a common refrain among cops aware of the whole assassin system.

• Locked thread