Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Oh future twist

Winston had Helen killed, probably by Dafoe. Helen was an associate of Winston's and was one of the two placed to protect/watch JW. When Winston wanted JW brought back into play, she refused. Winston is being set up as the biggest bad of the series, and what is the worst thing to happen to JW?

I base this entirely on the failure of the suicide attempt + other things.

One thing that really doesn't add up is why Theon had no idea who "The Man, The Legend, The Motherfucking Myth" was. Unless he did. Or it is retconned.

drat good movies, keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I read it as suicide by Continental. He even says he "Finished it." Like it was the only way out. Winston has other plans for Wick. Presumably.

There was a lot of things said in this movie, without any evidence to back them up. Like Lt. Daniels saying it had been a pleasure knowing Wick. He had met him 4 (?) times up to that point? Other than looking after the dog (why did he do that? A favour to his employer?) they share 5 sentences. Guy obviously doesnt get out much.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah he says "And as always it is a pleasure having you with us again, Mr Wick" in the first movie, that's pretty unambiguous.

Ah yeah, probably professional courtesy, not bon homme as I thought at the time

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Are you one of those people who thinks things can't happen unless they're explicitly shown on screen?

I am going to rewatch it, perhaps a second viewing may help. I am still mystified as to how Viggo's organisation know squat about this legendary biblical wrath of the gods figure who laid the foundations for their organisation, but almost everybody else does.

The best answer would be: "I don't know man, John Wick is fun."

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

They know about John Wick, at least most of them do. His son doesn't really know anything because he's a moron, and he's in his early 20's. At that point Wick has been out of the game for 5 years, I doubt when Viggo's son was 18 he was involved in ordering secret assassinations with his father. Even at the start of the first movie it doesn't seem like Viggo really includes his son in any actual important business, he just lets him hang around doing busy work because its his kid.

Viggo's head of security knows exactly who Wick is, for instance. He has a very healthy respect for/fear of Wick.

He never told his son about the Boogeyman? How not to commit suicide through stupidity.

That doesn't make any sense at all though. If you were the head of a crime syndicate, would you not spend every waking moment shaping your son (probably not heir, let's face it) into a not suicidal idiot. Pissing off John Wick sits at about the same level as invading Russia in winter as a bad idea.

• Locked thread