Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Dude's just VERY on point. He gets 7 rounds from the Bowery King and you count along with him waiting to see what he'd do when he runs out... And I'm happy he threw it at a dude's face :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Did anyone itt jizz over the camera shots in the mirror scene already? Because those made me grin like a motherfucker...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

DrunkPanda posted:

edit: Also, I just watched the trailer for JW2 (I know, I did it backwards by watching the movie first). And just gotta comment on how stupid the editing for the last part was. The mute girl saying "I'll see you" and then cutting to John Wick saying "I'll try and do the same". It made no sense to edit it that way. It would have been way more badass if they just had John's actual response to her in the trailer.

In reply to her saying "I'll see you" he actually just says "sure" and then fucks off because he's got bigger fish to fry. I liked it, it was a nice brush off.

Weird the trailer was edited like that though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

As I was watching it I noticed the camerawork/lack of cameras in that scene, I basically watched it with my jaw on the floor. If this movie doesn't win awards for that scene alone then there's no justice in the world.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, Enter the Dragon did a hall of mirrors fight where you can't ever see the cameraman, 44 years ago. It's not as pretty as the John Wick one but it's not some new groundbreaking effect.

It did, true but the cameras were static. Wick has all sorts of wizardry going on and the camera was on the move for a lot of it. There was one shot that made me actually say 'whoa' out loud whilst watching it but I can't quite remember the details. It was some form of trickery... I need to watch t again when it's released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: the final shot where John is walking through several mirrored automatic doors and you're seeing it from his perspective :psyduck:

That's the bit that got an audible gasp from me simply because my head couldn't grasp how it was done. And that's why I was blown away by that entire scene, just look at it!!

• Locked thread