Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I saw it with a bunch of friends. It was fun. Though I recall at one point, Santino stated in the narration that he had every assassin in New York out to get John Wick, at which point the movie cut to a very recognizable Montreal landmark.

Lobok posted:

I love the cast in this series. We get two guys from The Wire, Kingpin's right-hand man from Daredevil, Theon, Peter Serafinowicz, John Leguizamo, and Ian McShane. Plus the sequel has the Keanu Konnection with not just Laurence Fishburne from the Matrix but Peter Stormare from Constantine. And then to show off I guess they also get the original goddamn Django.

And I would not really have been excited about Common being in the film because I haven't ever seen him get a meaty enough role to care about him one way or the other but drat, dude is now one half of an instant classic action movie rivalry!

The weakest character is whoever that mute woman is, she's basically useless.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Gyges posted:

Ruby Rose is only the weakest character because by the time she does anything but background hench you're already anticipating Common and Keanu's fight. She's also overshadowed by her boss being the Theon of the movie, and she keeps trying to cock block you from seeing John Wick kill that fucker.

Yeah if the switched the fights around it would have made the third act feel way less week. I also enjoyed the bit where Common and Keanu where shooting each other from across the subway or whatever, with their suppressed pistols

Queering Wheel posted:

I was happy that the movie had a mute assassin because it meant that we got more of those cool stylized subtitles. Those are one of my favorite little touches to these movies.

Yeah those are great.

Small quibble: Right after Wick's house got burnt, the scene with him standing in front of the fire looked really fake.

• Locked thread