Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
This was one of those rare times where there really was too much off a good thing for me in a movie.

I got bored with the shooty bits. The pencil was great, but after 20 cool headshots I tired of them.

And why did he have to be excommunicated?

My friend I were joking that Wick 3 will be: John Wick kills the world.

And this was also the first time the total lack of acting skills from Keanu bothered me, a lot of people used to give him flak for his acting but I never felt this way about him. In this it really stood out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Are you kidding me? Both movies bring up over and over than you can't kill anyone on Continental grounds, which John does.

I know why, I had hoped he didn't kill the dude in the hotel. It was shitstorm already with the mob after him and now also no safe haven from the continental.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Gyges posted:

The High Table and the Continental are linked but separate entities. The High Table seem to be the governing body of the vast criminal underworld, but the Continental system is it's religion.

This is what I also thought, so the mob after him already makes it hard enough, why also get yourself kicked out of that club?

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

Gyges posted:

Remember that this is all just a few days after his wife's funeral, and Santino went and blew up all his physical keepsakes of their time together. We saw at the beginning that John was, understandably, depressed as gently caress and then Daisy was delivered to him. He found a little joy in life for a couple days, and then Theon took that from him. Now Santino has done the same.

All of John Wick's motivation in the movies is a combination of being tired of all this bullshit and depressed, but also being swept up in an endless rage at those who have done this to him. Winston's continuous references to John as The Devil speak to this. John sat upon the pinnacle of the underworld, but his wife redeemed him and showed him the light, her death cast him out of that light and into a pit of darkness, and now all these mother fuckers are poking at him when all he wants is to be left alone. They've taken every glimmer of brightness that he's found in the gloom, and with each indignity he comes closer to being that which he was and which he sought to not be. Those brief outbursts of rage he has in the movies? That's the Boogeyman.

Yeah I forgot that in the timeline of the movie it all happens in a couple of days. Makes sense, I mean the guy was a smug motherfucker alright.

• Locked thread