Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
It was fun, but there were many mini plotholes which made scenes more difficult to enjoy than they should've. The occasional bends of real-world logic were fine, but they were too inconsistent to ignore like I felt myself wanting to.

It was obviously still a completely enjoyable movie. One was better. But I give a lot of credit for their ability to sell Wick as a badass while still feeling like things have started fresh.

I also liked how they show how few people truly understand how bad it is to mess with Wick, and how they always seem resigned to wasting their breath on people who don't believe them. That was well done.

There are no NYC trains you can board from both sides of the platform :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Well then I stand corrected - that's actually kind of cool. I also did find the use of the new WTC underground plaza (where Wick and Common covertly shoot at each other in plain sight) to be well done. That place has the ire of so many New Yorkers, it was nice to see it in a fun way (well, sort of) for once.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

weekly font posted:

Weren't they specifically on the PATH? That would likely mean they boarded at Hoboken.

Jesus christ touching the "MY REALISM" stove feels disgusting

My biggest beef was the touch and go nature of realism. Sometimes physics mattered, other times it didn't. Sometimes motivations had to make sense, other times the audience was told to just go with it. I'm up for some comic book fun; nobody wants to watch John Wick spend three weeks of downtown because he got a TBI.

But nobody wants to see a magic flying car or whatever, either. I don't envy the narrow path the writers have to walk in order to satisfy audience expectations whilst maintaining suspense and not annoying us.

• Locked thread