Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akrabbim
Aug 10, 2003
It means 'scorpion' in Hebrew, and rhymes with 'bakrabbim'. Don't even ask...
Just got back from it. Very, very good. I love how they make references to the mythology without ever outright explaining anything. It's clear enough from context without beating you over the head with it. I also liked that I couldn't predict how the movie would go. I'm usually the type to just sit back and enjoy a movie instead of trying to anticipate it, but a lot of movies make it EXTREMELY obvious what's about to happen. This didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akrabbim
Aug 10, 2003
It means 'scorpion' in Hebrew, and rhymes with 'bakrabbim'. Don't even ask...
This is more John Wick 1 trivia, but it just hit me recently. The guy who played Theon's older brother in the movie was the main character of Future War, the terrible movie riffed by MST3K. I was glad to see that the guy actually got into a decent movie later on. :)

As for this movie, I agree that the visuals were great. Also, everything they called back from the first movie was called back in a great way. I was starting to get a bit worried when they started repeating a couple of the lines from 1, but they did good things with it instead of just making a reference.

• Locked thread