Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Got back from watching this tonight--was I mistaken or was there one part in a certain somebody's big yarn wall that said John Wick is actually wanted by the FBI? Like there's an actual (sort of) functioning law enforcement organization in this world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Boing posted:

All of the Russian was painfully bad too, I barely recognised the language at times. Not a single native speaker in the cast, it's just how Hollywood is sometimes.

And plus look, if you're gonna cast Peter Stormare for your Russian character, you know what you're getting.

e: like, it's actually a cinematic crime he wasn't simply already cast as Viggo Tarasov in #1.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 20, 2017

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

That's the way I saw it too, when she said "I'll be seeing you", Wick seemed to be almost rolling his eyes when he said "sure", as if he knew she was going to die.

Who knows though, could go either way. Common will definitely be back though.

Right, "I'll be seeing you" is exactly what Viggo Tarasov told him in #1, when we and Wick knew he was dying.

They don't mean seeing you alive.

It's their ironic farewell they give each other, particularly their killers, in that world.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I too think that's Winston's marker, not the one that's already booked.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

NmareBfly posted:

This is all speculation for now but the impression I got was that John's doubloons are not usable anymore, in that he should be denied service by anyone that would otherwise take them.

He could still pay others in them, i assume. But Continental's associated services are probably right out. Charlie, the doctor, the Sommelier, the map and key guy, the tailor, etc.

Baseline: anyone who uses the hotels-dining codeword system.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 22, 2017

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Mr. Nemo posted:

Cold open. Christmas 2030. John enters a car workshop completely soaked in blood.

"So, is my car ready?"

So Shane Black's taken over the franchise by then eh?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I'd be down for a film where a wisecracking John Wick solves crimes with an unconventional buddy

So, like, the dog then? But we gotta have the top bants so like, can the dog learn to talk?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
The impression is that John Wick and Viggo laid the groundwork, and Wick left before Viggo brought the rest of his people over from whereever his base of operations was that he was ditching off to at the end of #1 before Wick caught up to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I think the movie implies that he came to the US only fairly recently--after his father's group had finished consolidation in NY.

• Locked thread