Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I said it in the GBS JW thread, but Jesus, I cringed every time Ruby Rose used ASL. It was just painfully bad.

It was a fun sequel, even if the suit was a little silly. Using the lapel to block headshots.

I just have one question about the subway fight with Common. How the Hell did they get on the same car when they were standing on opposite platforms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Lobok posted:

Looked like the platforms were close enough to support boarding/disembarking from both sides of the train. It's a pretty, uh, "common" thing.

I've only ever ridden subways where if you're on the opposite platform you're not getting on the same train. I'm just dumb for not considering 'doors both sides' as a thing.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Boing posted:

All of the Russian was painfully bad too, I barely recognised the language at times. Not a single native speaker in the cast, it's just how Hollywood is sometimes.

Im assuming the Italian was fine in this one, since Santino, Julius and Gianna's actors are native born Italians, but I'm betting Keanu and Common were iffy.

Sure it's only a thing you notice when you actually know the language. Mostly I just assume a non-native speaker is doing a so-so job.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Collateral posted:

There was a lot of things said in this movie, without any evidence to back them up. Like Lt. Daniels saying it had been a pleasure knowing Wick. He had met him 4 (?) times up to that point? Other than looking after the dog (why did he do that? A favour to his employer?) they share 5 sentences. Guy obviously doesnt get out much.

I always figured it was one of those long-time professional dealings thing. 'You've been a client for however many years, I can do you a solid'

That's one thing this movie was missing. A post credits scene of Lance Reddick classily pallin around with the dog.

• Locked thread