Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Silver Alicorn posted:

I've noticed a megadose of st johns wort gives me a mild hallucinogenic effect

it's a serotonin agonist so that makes sense. st johns wort + SSRIs can give you serotonin syndrome and you get cool tracers and seizures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

echinopsis posted:

idk how easy they are to get these days but some of the 2c drugs emulated some of the trippier superficial parts of psychedelics without the total mind gently caress

would have been fun to gently caress around with

2C-B is extremely clear-headed and not mindfucky, it rules

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SpaceClown posted:

i had the worst experience of my life on nbomb which is a 2ci analogue. would not recommend.

just take a sufficiently low enough dose of lsd and you'll be fine. 50ug gets you cool stuff like the flashing lights and tracers but not be so overbearing that you start thinking undecipherable garbage.

you're a goddamned moron, nBOMEs are full agonists and totally different from the typical 2c phenethylamine

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I like to do drugs responsibly, and you shouldn't do drugs to increase your productivity because that is a fake idea

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SpaceClown posted:

you're a goddamned moron for unironically recommending research chemicals tbqh

lsd is a research chemical

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the thing is, i don't mind the drugs so much, but this thing about productivity sounds like downright disturbing bourgeois poo poo

it is

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
why take less drugs when you could take more???

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

spankmeister posted:

Alcohol is a pretty hard drug when you think about it, it's just that it's so easy to make (it just happens by itself p much) and we've been using it for thousands of years.

I think heroin itself might even be a lot healthier for you, considering the side effects. Alcohol really does a number on your health if you use it too much. Heroin is mostly dangerous because of tolerance (OD's) and secondary risks such as bloodborne diseases when mainlining (dirty needles), infections, purity of product due to it being illegally sourced and socioeconomic issues from it being expensive and addictive (might make you put yourself at risk when wanting to score).

pure heroin is actually pretty safe, long term. I think the only long term damage it can do is hearing loss.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Cat Face Joe posted:

poasting to congratulate tumor looking batty on an extremely successful honeypot

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SpaceClown posted:

nah. booze has nothing on the way heroin systematically fries your CNS. heroin destroys your kidneys, too. and yes, just as severely as booze destroys your liver. opiates aren't something to gently caress around with.

you're a loving retard and you don't know anything about anything

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

WrenP-Complete posted:

there's a relationship in longitudinal data between bone loss and long term opiate use. it's not clear that what if any the mechanism of causation would be, other than bone problems causing pain which leads to long term opiate use. maybe calcium issues?

interesting, i wonder if that's a direct effect of the drug or a side-effect of decreased GI motility and opioid-anorexia

i know opioids crash androgen levels pretty hard, i wonder if that's inducing androgen-based osteoporosis

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol maybe that's why junkies are so whiny instead of just that whole "no coping mechanisms except heroin" thing

it certainly can't help

i need to find that banme post from the kratom / fst thread that was like "my dick doesn't work for anything except pissing and I can't poo poo, ban me, swill merchants!"

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
here you moron https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernicke%E2%80%93Korsakoff_syndrome

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SpaceClown posted:

except i did and it doesnt change that there is 100% a link to it, but cause you're a big fat idiot like that manchild with the childrens cartoon av you don't understand the difference between inconclusive and more study being needed.

there's a similar asterisk in the neurology report too, but your dumbass was too eager to try and claim "OH NO MY PRECIOUS OPIATES ARE COMPLETELY SAFE AND CAUSE NO ADVERSE PHYSIOLOGICAL AFFECTS"

you're right, heroin won't give you necrosis like krokodil but you're an idiot if you seriously think that "hmm well it could be these factors and so long as there's a chance i won't stand for people slandering heroin's good name!"

i don't do opioids, you're an idiot, get out of yospos

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
nobody said heroin is okay, it just doesn't 'fry your cns'

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Stymie posted:

alcohol is a scourge and the shame of a nation

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

pr0zac posted:

ended up wasting 45 minutes reading about smoking heroin cause of this just being a 17 year old case study about a single individual and wondering more about the underlying issue

seems like it is probably not caused by heroin but a contaminant or maybe something created very rarely when heating it, researchers still aren't sure, but: "The primary hypothesis is that leukoencephalopathy is caused by a contaminant in the heroin or a combustion by-product"

also weirdly despite smoking heroin first starting in se asia the brain damage thing is apparently super super rare there with the first known case being in 2015 but even that having unusual differences compared to the normal manifestation

kind of an interesting unsolved mystery

This is a good post

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
me either tbh

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

echinopsis posted:

this is the only good thing you posted

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

echinopsis posted:

alcohol is what's known as a dirty drug, much like tricyclics although in more of a brute force rather than highly flexible sense

it binds to opioid receptors which contribute to its good feelings and drive for people to drink more. give people opioid blocking drugs and people stop drinking early in the evening and don't automatically professed to getting trashed. it's quite possible that there is a significant aspect where it's acting as a solvent and destabilising cell membranes .. holy poo poo

also one of the least potent drugs we all know is paracetamol/apap and the max dose is like 4g in a day but even a single standard drink is 10g of ethanol so a dozen beers is 120g of drug. it's an absolute miracle your liver can deal with it at all. the liver enzymes are acting under total saturation hence why alcohol is metabolised in a linear sense and not a half life sense like everything else

i also highly suspect that eating food especially fatty food will put ah extra huge load in the liver which can make hangovers worse i suspect

alcohol metabolism also inhibits gluconwogeneis which is wheee te liver makes glucose for the body and this is the primary risk for babies who drink, they can go hypoglycaemic and die

fructose also has a similar effect on the liver but no where near as bad. both can contribute to fatty liver

tips for drinking healthily

when you're not drinking (during the day) eat highly nutritious high fivre foods like bean salads and other cool things.. then we drink for evening stop eating and only drink. if you're not drinking beer add water. don't eat

get up after night and have a coffee.. and maybe pain relief

alcohol ties up enzymes that primarily metabolise paracetamol/apap and shunts apap metabolism down a path which produces a hepatotoxic metabolite which is why you're not meant to take any while drinking.

it's absorbed through the stomach lining so can get yo/ drunk like 7 minutes ??

good post echi

It's really hard to explain to people that alcohol fucks up your bod in one hundred small ways

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

pr0zac posted:

thats interesting cause i get no pleasurable effects from opiates but i really really like alcohol to the point where i generally avoid it now

brains are weird man

iirc you don't get opioid euphoria but salvia and other kappa opioid things still give you dissociative effects

Alcohol is speedy as gently caress for me, a couple shots of hard liquor feels like I did a line of coke, it's weird

ethanol is basically a one drug speedball, too bad it's so rough on your body

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Improbable Lobster posted:

i am already regretting not bringing my weed to mississauga

how long are you in the saug? you should've said something in the toranno thread I would've put together a meet

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

spankmeister posted:

Hmm idk I usually feel better the next morning if I eat a fatty food after drinking. Usually some kebab or gyros or summat. Also breakfast with some eggs & bacon helps.

My goto hangover drink is ayran, which is a turkish yoghurt drink it contains water, salt, proteins and fat. So rverything you need. It's also delicious.

It's the salt making you feel better. A magnesium / calcium / potassium pill plus a glass of water will cure almost any hangover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Smythe posted:

how bout u take a macrodose of GBS, BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread