Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Houston Texans

Round 1, Pick 1: Jadeveon Clowney
Probably the biggest example of why you wait three years before you grade a draft pick. For the first two years of Clowney's pro career, he was hurt a bunch and missed, like, 24 games total. Year 3 he stayed healthy, turned a corner and became a Pro Bowler. If he and Watt can play in the same defense for a full 16-game season, the sky's the limit for Mike Vrabel & company. With the injuries in mind, I'd really like to give an incomplete grade, but I guess I'm going with B- just because he's shown he can be a star when he's physically able to do so.

Round 2, Pick 33: Xavier Su'a-Filo
We can talk all we want about how he's not a quarterback, but as a guy who we drafted he's progressed well. Having started 15 games last season, he's doing an OK job. C+, mainly because he's not a QB.

Round 3, Pick 65: C.J. Fiedorowicz
Very good TE. If you saw the Texans play last year, you saw a lot of Fiedorowicz. B

Round 3, Pick 83: Louis Nix
Never played a game due with the Texans due to knee surgeries. That's right, plural. F

Round 4, Pick 135: Tom Savage
Well, we drafted a QB in the draft at least. In every season with the Texans so far, he's gotten hurt in different ways. C-

Round 6, Pick 177: Jeoffrey Pagan
Did nothing of note, but managed to be on the roster for two seasons. D+

Round 6, Pick 181: Alfred Blue
Our number two running back. When Arian Foster went down in 2015, he became the workhorse of the running attack and managed to do pretty well for himself. Easily, EASILY the best value pick of the draft in 2014 for us. A

Round 6, Pick 211: Jay Prosch
Still with the team, so obviously he's doing something right. B

Round 7, Pick 216: Andre Hal
See above. B

Round 7, Pick 256: Lonnie Ballentine
Mr. Irrelevant. Doesn't matter

Overall

Looking back, this is probably one of the strongest draft classes the Texans have ever put together. Yet, we're going to spend the rest of our days wondering what would have been if Teddy Bridgewater or Derek Carr ended up going to Houston. If we take that out of the equation, however, we see only one true bust and two late round never-weres compared with a superstar in Clowney, several key role-players, and good depth that was desperately needed after a 2-14 campaign the previous year. If the Texans drafted like this every year...well, we still wouldn't win a Super Bowl, but we'd get closer.

B+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hard Knocks should stick with the AFC.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

The Texans were fairly boring too aside from Wilfork's custom overalls and CJIII's socks. I guess the whole "is there water in space" thing was endearing

I believe you'll find the exact quote is "Is there water on space?"

e:

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 3, 2017

• Locked thread