Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

2014 New York Giants

1-13: Odell Beckham, Jr., WR

Superstar receiver, enough to make this whole draft an A+. Missed time his rookie year, but then proceeded to put unprecedented numbers. I guess the only knocks on him are his propensity for off-the-field antics (the stupid boat) and being a hothead on the field. I think that as his career goes on he'll chill out a little bit, but the Giants would be stupid to let him go. A++

2-43 Weston Richburg, C

Starting center, and really quite excellent. Played out of position due to injuries, but really took off when he was placed at center. His absence on the line was most evident when he was ejected in Week 3 for unsportsmanlike conduct. A

3-74 Jay Bromley, DT

A depth piece on the defensive end, Bromley has been mostly serviceable playing on the line. The key to excellent defenses is depth, and I can't recall him making a huge mistake or getting burned recently. Going to call this a B

4-113 Andre Williams, RB

He was really good in his rookie season, but got buried in the rotation due to the awful RB by committee nonsense the Giants tried in 2015. Got cut, surprisingly, and landed on the Chargers for this season. C

5-152 Nat Berhe, S

A depth piece on D, he was really good from what I saw of him this year. Missed all of 2015 due to injury, and also missed part of 2016 due to injury as well. Similar to Bromley, didn't make any egregious errors or get killed on D. B

5-174 Devon Kennard, LB

Stepped in admirably after JPP got hurt, he plays with a certain explosiveness that everyone on the defense played with in 2016. Should be in the defensive rotation this year, and should play well. I think if JPP leaves he'll do well if asked to start or play more snaps. B+

6-187 Bennett Jackson, DB

I think he's on the practice squad. Hasn't seen a down of action. He's a sixth rounder, it's not that big a deal.

Overall grade: A+

This draft produced a superstar receiver and an excellent center. This draft saved Jerry Reese's job. This draft produced the depth pieces necessary for the Giants' defense to play as well as they did in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread