Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Your (yes, Your) San Francisco 49ers 2014 draft class:

1-30: Jimmie Ward, DB N Illinois
Has shown signs of being able to play well both at safety and corner, both inside and outside. B+

2-57: Carlos Hyde, RB Ohio State
Great when healthy. Missed a few games every year since he was drafted, which is worrisome. Desperately needs a reliable complementary back to take some of the punishment. B+

3-70: Marcus Martin, OL USC
Not good so far. Still crazily young, it's possible he may yet develop into his potential, but given his strengths as a blocker (power) and the new scheme (outside zone), it's not likely to happen with the 49ers. F

3-77: Chris Borland, LB Wisconsin
It's hard to judge this pick, because he was an amazing linebacker for the year he played. R for regret.

3-100: Brandon Thomas, OL Clemson
The requisite Baalke ACL pick. Never recovered from the injury. F

4-106: Bruce Ellington, WR S Carolina
Another player who's had trouble staying healthy. Every year it's the same thing, "shows all the signs of breaking out this pre season!" And then he goes to IR. C-

4-129: Dontae Johnson, CB N Carolina State
Tall and fast. Solid depth at the position. C+

5-150: Aaron Lynch, OLB S Florida
Amazing pass rusher when he's not being fat and lazy. He's often fat and lazy. C+

5-170: Keith Reaser, CB Florida Atlantic
Fast DB with a ton of potential, looked like he might be a quality starter at times last year. B

5-180: Kenneth Acker, CB S Methodist
gently caress this guy, he's gone. F

7-243: Kaleb Ramsey, DL Boston College
Pretty sure he was a pity pick. Entered the draft like three years in a row, and had to back out because of injury (and got a medical exemption for college). Still injured. F

7-245: Trey Millard, FB Oklahoma
Goons said he was great and got me all excited. Turns out he wasn't, and he's a backup or something for the Chiefs now. F

Actually not a bad draft at all. A few complete misses, but several quality players and at least three starters. I'd give it a B-/C+ right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Volkerball posted:

Yeah me too. Also there was a lot of talk that he didn't do well against the blitz.

He didn't in college, and he was. He massively improved his play against pressure when he went pro, and his short pass tendency actually helps him in that regard. Kudos to him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Right? Clearly it's Mike Evans.

• Locked thread