Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I'll do a Lions one as well.

Ebron (TE): D

Some of the worst drop problems in the league, he gets taken down basically every time at first contact, he can't block, he gets nagged by small injuries constantly that keep him out of games, and the players drafted after him are really good. Mayhew asked what weapon Stafford wanted and Stafford said a receiving tight end before the draft. Stafford should not be a GM after his ball playing career is over.

Van Noy (LB): D

It's not really his fault the coaches didn't scheme for him. He's doing work as a Patriot as I think an edge rusher, where we had him in pass coverage and stupid stuff like that that didn't fit his abilities. He looked lost on the field basically whenever the Lions had him out there, including on special teams.

Swanson (C): B

Detroit Dog mentioned he was really bad, but the offense looked noticeably worse when he wasn't on the field (I guess this is the "his plus side is he isn't Graham Gaslow"). However he put a lot of effort on the field when he was out there, and I think he's the guy moving forward. He's a starting center if he keeps up his 2016 play. Also he replaced Raiola and gently caress Raiola.

Webster (DE): F I guess

He's on the Panthers now, but he was cut and put on the practice squad until very late December. I vaguely recall a few times he was on the field.

Lawson (CB): C

He started all 16 games in 2016 and has had over 100 tackles for us since he was drafted, which isn't bad for 4th round pick. Stats according to: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LawsNe00.htm

Caraun Reid (DT): C

He had a fumble six against the Seahawks in 2013, so he did something. He also had 2 sacks. Not terrible for the 5th round. Currently on the Chargers.

T.J. Jones (WR): D

Like all Lions players who caught the ball in 2016 he had drop problems, and the coaches were trying to use him on end zone fade routes which was pretty dumb to anyone watching. He looks great during preseason games I guess?

Nate Freese (K): F----

gently caress this guy. 3 for 7 on field goals to start the season. Cut before week 4. Replaced Jason Hanson. Was replaced by an equally bad Alex Henery until Prater came and saved the day along with his near-career ending alcoholism and iron calves of glory. Freese and Henery the stupid fucks cost the Lions at least 2 games from what I remember, and that would have won the division of Green Bay if that hadn't happened.

Overall: D-. What a terrible draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread