Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

i know when im dying of cancer i will look fondly on my 20 and 30s and cherish all those times i got to watch netflix and playing video games instead of having a kid

hahahahah this is why you had kids?? looool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

I don't need kids to feel good about myself tho.

lol, look at this garbage person.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i know when im dying of cancer i will look fondly on my 20 and 30s and cherish all those times i got to travel internationally and have tons of fulfilling life experiences instead of having a kid

:colbert:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Police Automaton posted:

man it's almost like having a kid is a very individual thing, dependent on the personality and experiences of those involved. Who would have thought

um, actually, there is an objectively correct way to live your life, and that would be the way I live my life. anything else would just be flat-out pathetic!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My cousin doesn't even watch her kids the nannies do , lots of mommy time #blessed

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just make your girl a toaster strudel instead of a twinkie.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Imagine having hot sex with your 20 something wife and spending your weekends at the beach because you have a double income with no responsibilities

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
im all the salty responses from the self righteous about non procreation crew lmao

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Pitdragon posted:

um, actually, there is an objectively correct way to live your life, and that would be the way I live my life. anything else would just be flat-out pathetic!

hosed up, *if* true

im all the salty responses from the self righteous about non procreation crew lmao

I think it's funny how the topics on SA shift as the crowd ages. Ten years ago goons were all about getting laid and losing their virginity. Now it's kids. Another ten years it'll be midlife-crises, the olden days and bodies failing. Ah, the circle of life.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 21, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I think these people who don't want to have kids are just natures way of keeping bad genes out of circulation.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
holy poo poo I hear a loud rear end siren outside someone is probably choking on their kid

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
One of my friends has a kid named Gayden.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

One of my friends has a kid named Gayden.

lmao

that's like something my friend screams after i stomp him with Raiden for the 3rd time

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Police Automaton posted:

I think it's funny how the topics on SA shift as the crowd ages. Ten years ago goons were all about getting laid and losing their virginity. Now it's kids. Another ten years it'll be midlife-crises, the olden days and bodies failing. Ah, the circle of life.
It's never too early for a mid-life crisis.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i just realized that middle management position i spent my whole life pursuing doesn't actually mean poo poo and i have actually contributed nothing to civilization. better pop out some kids so I can feel fulfilled by their potential to do better than I did

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

i know when im dying of cancer i will look fondly on my 20 and 30s and cherish all those times i got to watch netflix and playing video games instead of having a kid

unironically yeah

unless you raise a kid who does something amazing to help the world (which you won't) then what do you have to be proud of on your deathbed?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

I think these people who don't want to have kids are just natures way of keeping bad genes out of circulation.

i recognize that my garbage genetic line should end with me. i'm not ashamed of that. i'm making the world a better place.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I gooned it up pretty hard in my 20s, partyin and doin dumb poo poo and playing an absolutely enormous amount of video games.

When I had a kid at 30 allllll that time spent just felt like an overwhelmingly stupid and self-indulgent waste of my loving life. Like, yes, kids are sometimes stressful. Just like having a job is to support your weed habit. Whatever. Raising someone in your family is awesome as gently caress, and I guess unless you hit the reverse lottery and pop out an unfixable shithead (P.S. usually lovely kids come from lovely parents) doing so is a great way to spend your life, with the added benefit of having something to look forward to when you can't go windsurfing off a mountaintop or whatever it is you are imagining you can do every weekend without children.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kaedric posted:

I gooned it up pretty hard in my 20s, partyin and doin dumb poo poo and playing an absolutely enormous amount of video games.

When I had a kid at 30 allllll that time spent just felt like an overwhelmingly stupid and self-indulgent waste of my loving life. Like, yes, kids are sometimes stressful. Just like having a job is to support your weed habit. Whatever. Raising someone in your family is awesome as gently caress, and I guess unless you hit the reverse lottery and pop out an unfixable shithead (P.S. usually lovely kids come from lovely parents) doing so is a great way to spend your life, with the added benefit of having something to look forward to when you can't go windsurfing off a mountaintop or whatever it is you are imagining you can do every weekend without children.

how was that wasteful? what is wrong with being a little heathen?

having a kid in your early 20's would suck so much poo poo, god drat. and this thread isnt about hating on people who have kids! stop it !

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Professor SJW posted:

i recognize that my garbage genetic line should end with me. i'm not ashamed of that. i'm making the world a better place.

And I thank you for it. Please keep paying taxes too.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Piss de Bundy posted:

how was that wasteful? what is wrong with being a little heathen?

having a kid in your early 20's would suck so much poo poo, god drat. and this thread isnt about hating on people who have kids! stop it !

I'll interpret the tattoos of my children however i drat well please, they are on MY BODY jfc

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
hey guys ive only scanned the thread but im here because i heard this was a thread for children vs no-children and i desperately feel the need to justify my life decisions to a bunch of random people on the internet

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
have 1 kid at 33 and another at 35, boom done. DONE!

or alternatively do what celebrities do and have more but at huge age gaps

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Hmm some real convincing arguments in this thread so far

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
It seems disingenuous to assert that all parents are secretly miserable and lie about their happiness while people who decide to not have children live fuller lives never once doubting their decision to forgo a fundamental human experience.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Ape Fist posted:

yeah now that I'm having kids at 30 all I can think is I should have done this at 20 so by the time I'm 35 I won't be too old to do gently caress all and they'll be in their mid teens and my job will be nearly done. Now I'm gonna be 45 before I'm remotely confident they won't kill themselves or others before I can drink a few beers and get loose without needing to look over my shoulder.

sorry that you didn't decide to stay in shape and strengthen your body while you had the chance, dipshit. the only person to blame for your weak knees and bad arthritis is yourself.

if Gordie Howe can play hockey until he's 52 years old, your stupid rear end should be able to handle Doing Things™ at 45

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

It seems disingenuous to assert that all parents are secretly miserable and lie about their happiness while people who decide to not have children live fuller lives never once doubting their decision to forgo a fundamental human experience.

but all of that is true :confused:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

A Strange Aeon posted:

i dont know anybody in real life who is CHILD FREE AND FOREVER

that kind of attitude reminds me less of some kind of sweet dude partying and banging everything but more shut in IT weirdo who calls women females and children CROTCH SPAWNNN

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if you genuinely dislike or hate children you are probably an awful, miserable human being

if you dont laugh or have kind of joy when your nieces or nephews say something really weird or funny that an adult couldnt get away with than smh

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
More people is the last thing the earth needs. Don't be a slave to your physiology, you weaklings.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

phasmid posted:

More people is the last thing the earth needs. Don't be a slave to your physiology, you weaklings.

What's your favorite anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbiL8D6qX0

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
my mom had me when she was 18 and my father was a deadbeat, so he had a kid in his 20's without any of the negative consequences, didn't even pay for child support because mom hated the idea of sharing custody, so i will never have children in hopes of ending the poison lineage that is my family

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

spacetoaster posted:

What's your favorite anime?

I'm confused. You're taking things a step further than the "you will die in pain on a soiled mattress" crowd to "you will never know the touch of a real woman"?

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

I have friends and family my age with kids. They are great kids and their parents seem very happy and I'm glad for them but at the same time I can't help but think I would blow my loving brains out if I had to live like that.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

nice meme retard

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

do you think Beyonce ever changed a diaper?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

FogHelmut posted:

do you think Beyonce ever changed a diaper?

She is a powerful selfmade woman who saved her flagging career by marrying a man who owns a record company.

Maybe she's never changed a diaper, but she knows what it's like.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Professor SJW posted:

nice meme retard

your life is worthless :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010