Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Lol if you have kids at all

Have fun with the worst decision you'll ever make, idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Being able to take pretty much whatever jobs you and your spouse want, while still saving money and enjoying cool poo poo often, merely because you don't have a constant money-suck that you're obligated to care for until they move out at 18 (if you're lucky), owns pretty loving hard.

Hate your job? Lol, quit and find another. Living expenses of two people who don't blow cash on meaningless stuff are pretty minimal. Throw even a single, idiot child into that mix: sorry about your bad job and how you dread every single day you have to step foot in there because you literally can't afford to quit

Also: there is zero guarantee you'll raise a person you won't be terrifically embarrassed of, or, even worse, who won't end up killing themselves, or others. Fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

I love my parents to death, but I know a lot of people in their 20's and 30's who don't talk to theirs and/or don't like them.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

lol if you think your life choices come down to having kids or watching netflix and playing video games until you die

even if those were the only two options, the latter still vastly outweighs the former in terms of value and entertainment

have fun spawning trash elementals who grow up to resent you despite your best efforts, best years, and loads of money spend in vain

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

One of two scenarios become inevitable when you have a kid:

A) you die first, leaving your child depressed (if you did everything right) which might be enough for them to commit suicide

B) they die first, leaving you depressed which may be enough to push you into committing suicide

Neither of those are worth the risk to me. Though truthfully, I've never felt that pull toward procreation at all. I don't care about babies. Sure, they can be cute, kids seem fun sometimes, but there's nothing at all in my brain that says "you really need one of these in your life, man!"

If you really want to be a parent, more power to you. Some of us truly do not have that urge whatsoever. My wife feels the same way, and it's perfect for us.

I'd never condemn someone for having kids in real life, and it'd be great if people wouldn't try to make me feel bad for not wanting kids casually in conversation when the topic comes up. That poo poo is so rude. My wife gets it way worse than I do, since people like to pretend they know more about how a woman should conduct herself than the woman condescendingly being told "oh, you'll change your mind."

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 21, 2017

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Piss de Bundy posted:

you seriously think people commit suicide when their parents die? what the gently caress? most peoples parents die when they are in their 40's or 50's, you kind of get ready for it.

I didn't say they WILL commit suicide. Hell, what if your kid decides to commit suicide before you even die? Or if your partner does it leaving you a single parent with a traumatized child.

Edit: those were worst case scenarios, too. It's not like that's going to be common

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 21, 2017

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Oh yeah, when my friend's sister gave birth to her first kid it split her open so far that it permanently damaged the nerve endings down there and now she has no feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Hardawn posted:

Cum inside, but be prepared to provide

Cum on top, the fun won't stop

• Locked thread