Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Having kids 2 1/2 years between eachother is a recipe for a loving disaster. Both my parents and my aunt and uncle did; so that's four kids all 2 and 1/2 years apart from eachother and three out of four of us are major fuckups either emotionally or mentally. Whereas my other aunt and uncle had a single kid and he's very successful just like my oldest cousin.
Have one kid; keep it alive until 18 and then consider having another but realize gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Aesop Poprock posted:

My roommate is 22 and brings his 8, 14 and 15 year old brothers to hang out semi recently and they're fine I guess but I can't imagine hanging out with siblings that much younger than me as an adult if I wasn't at a family gathering or like a birthday or something

He sounds like a cool brother honestly; young enough to be relatable but old enough that he must have figured something out.
My parents were 40+ when they had me and then my brother later. Its gone really badly so far.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Hardawn posted:

I'm just glad I can beat someone in a footrace again. Totally worth everything else.

see all Dads are assholes

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

TheSpamalope posted:

Im gonna adopt a couple lil bastards in a cuppa years

unironcially

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
holy poo poo do I hate the relationship I have with everyone

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm part of 'everyone' wiseguy

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Thesaurus posted:

you've failed at life

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
holy poo poo I hear a loud rear end siren outside someone is probably choking on their kid

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Strategic Tea posted:

Just be lovely to them so they're happy when you're gone

Simple solutions folks! :thumbsup:

d-dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Moridin920 posted:

I will say that my sister is 13 years older than I am and we have always had a very good relationship. I see people who are twins or whatever constantly fighting with their sibling and I feel pity bc that sucks.

13 years is a pretty drat big gap ofc but I think having a bit of a gap is better (if you have a choice ofc).

you keep bringing up being almost-cool with being an uncle but I bet you run screaming from the smell of a dirty diaper

• Locked thread