Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i love not having children so, so very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
my grandmother, a twin, posted a picture on facebook of her cousins, who are triplets

my grandmother's nephews are also triplets

all the more reason to have my tubes tied/cut/burned, i can't imagine having to deal with one infant, multiples seem like a curse from a malevolent deity

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Kaedric posted:

Usually when I see people (such as in this thread) complaining about horrible children I feel like they've lost sight of the fact that they, too, were children once, and they probably weren't perfect either.

the "you were a kid once" argument makes absolutely no sense to me

like yes i know that i didn't spring forth from my mother's head like athena but what does this have to do with kids being annoying? i was probably an annoying kid, and i might be an annoying adult too, and none of that means that i've permanently lost my right to be annoyed or something

quote:

Do they wish their parents hadn't had them because of that? Probably not.

if my parents hadn't had me, i wouldn't know or care

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Im a no childer but I no longer pretend its due to some sacrifice for the planet like population control or something, instead its openly because my longterm partner and I would not be able to provide for a kid on a dual income less than 100k which is where we're at right now and we're OK with living a nontraditional life

honestly all the weird alternative reasons not to have kids that i came up with (overpopulation, environmental/financial reasons, etc.) were a direct result of me (a young-ish woman) being hassled about it by people who refused to accept that i just didn't want them

i no longer give a gently caress, so when people ask me why i don't kids, i'm comfortable stating my actual reasons and standing my ground :unsmith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Police Automaton posted:

Man I could never imagine being so bored that I'd consider having a kid just to fill that time with something, but it takes different kinds I guess :shrug:

Police Automaton posted:

That's not really something I could catch myself ever thinking to be honest, but I guess we are just very different people. Which is fine!

yeah i feel like at that point i'd sign up for fencing lessons or learn a new language or take a vacation somewhere else (the earth is pretty huge) or any of the myriad options that don't require me to radically permanently change my body & my life

i am really happy that other people have the drive to have children, because i like people and i think keeping the human race going is a pretty cool thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Chernobyl baby posted:

Having kids should be illegal until you do a course on how to actually take care of it and raise it to not be an rear end in a top hat

Put the loving thing to sleep if need be when you find out they don't have the required credentials beyond "I know how to put thingy into hole but don't know what a condom is" because that's preferable to the kid growing up to be another blemish on society

gently caress

source your quotes

• Locked thread