Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
One of my friends is dating a lady with a kid and he got super pissed at me when I joked about him blowing money on a kid that isn't even his. Now I pretty much avoid going on Facebook because he posts pictures all the time of this kid who he refers to as his daughter and it just bothers the hell out of me. Like come on dude, you're not even married to this lady and you've only known her for like six months, tops.

But I'll probably never have kids because I stand too close to the wood stove out in the garage and it's probably rendered me impotent or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Nobody's gonna just come right out and say that they hate raising children. Usually. I mean, that'd definitely make them look bad.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

I probably have maybe two or three children somewhere overseas. Probably making a living sorting garbage or something.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Thread should be titled don't get married

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

It is entirely possible that somebody who joined the forums in 2000 or so could've raised a child to near-adulthood by now. And that person who was raised by a Goon could be posting right now. But probably not.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

One of my friends has a kid named Gayden.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

What would be some good names for a hypothetical child born in Appalachia? It has to be something that says "at least one of my parents went to college, but for some reason they're still living in Ohio."

I like religious names, so I thought Metatron sounded pretty good, but I don't want other parents and maybe school faculty to think I named my child after a Transformer.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

It's probably worth having kids just for that sweet Child Tax Credit.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

1redflag posted:

Also, lol at all the people projecting hard as gently caress itt. We get it, it's not because you are an unlovable self-righteous shithead that noone wants to mate with you; it's because of :biotruths: and :catdrugs:. Conversely, we get it, you aren't just like everybody else on the loving planet having a child; you're special for doing one of the most basic biological functions and feeling rewarded by your brain chemistry for doing so. God drat; have a kid, don't have a kid, who gives a poo poo. This thread was clearly supposed to be about making fun of white trash, and you idiots had to go and ruin it trying to impress strangers on the internet.

I actually am an unlovable self-righteous shithead that no one wants to mate with. Like, I'll fully admit it.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

I'm also a huge narcissist and the thought of actually sharing half of my genetic code with another living creature is terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

I took care of my nephew for five months after he was born because my sister & her boyfriend had a lot of WoW raiding to do, so they'd basically abandoned him for weeks at a time with my parents or me. Things eventually changed, but I'd say it was definitely a valuable experience that taught me how to take care of an incomprehensible pants-making GBS threads goblin. And also how to take care of a baby.

• Locked thread