Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Seaniqua posted:

I quit smoking years ago. Best thing I ever did, and I miss smoking almost every day.

I quit 33 years ago. Had my first cigarette at 10 thanks to my big brother. Was a regular smoker by 14, but quit when I was 17. Went into the Army after graduating HS and started again in Basic Training.

Used to enjoy smoking for the most part. My three favorites were my first one in the morning with my coffee, the one right after a meal, and when I was drinking.

Back when I smoked, a pack was about .55-.60 and a carton was $5. When I was in the Army, you could get a pack for .40 in the PX and a carton for $4 in the Commissary. You could also smoke just about anywhere indoors.

When I got up to 2 packs a day, I realized that I wasn't enjoying it anymore and it was just something I had to do, so I quit Cold Turkey (it was the only way I could do it).

Haven't had a cigarette in 33 years, but there are many times when I feel like I could light one up. The click of a Zippo lighter is an instant trigger for me.

My Dad was a lifelong smoker and died at 71 after his third heart attack. My next door neighbor is around that age and he walks around with an oxygen tank.

Guess I made the right choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Ex-pack-a-day menthol smoker here. The best part about menthol cigs is that no one wants to bum a cig from you if given the option.

This also goes for regular (unfiltered) cigarettes which is why I smoked Camels for a while.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Piss de Bundy posted:

smoking is really gross tho , especially inside a car or house and people who smoke STINK they just don't realize it because their mouth and nose is dead .

And I never realized this until I quit smoking, although, growing up just about everybody over the age of 16 smoked and they smoked everywhere.

Now that you can basically only smoke outdoors, and I'm a non-smoker I really notice it.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

von Braun posted:

you can easily smoke four cigarttes a day without any negative effect.

I'll bet this is true, but how do you keep it from morphing into a pack-a-day habit?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Isaac posted:

The more durries you smoke the more you want, they feel good. Your mind concentrates and gets dizzy at the same time. You got a slight speedy feeling for a second and a tingle down your spine. The second you cant live without em that feeling disapears and you just have to smoke them to feel normal.

Yeah, that's pretty much what led to me quitting.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Smoking an e-cig is like sucking a robot's dick.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Quit after 26 years , my life is exactly the same just with more boring.
Consider starting again cause gently caress this gay earth.

I hear you. If I ever find out I'm terminally ill, the first thing I'm going to do is run out and buy a pack of Camels.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Honky Dong Country posted:

Let's talk about non-cigarette smoking. Cigars are extremely cool. I like pretty much all maduros. Drew Estate's Acid line's Kuba Maduro is godamn tasty. Cohiba also has a really good maduro of course. San Cristobal and Graycliff also have a nice tasty maduro.

Pipes are also cool because if you have your own pipe (which can just be an awesome cheap cob pipe) most tobacco will let you try any of their house blends for free. It's awesome to walk into a tobacco shop with a pipe on a football Sunday and watch the game with the crusty old fat regulars while trying a buncha different tobaccos and taking a half ounce if the tastiest home along with a couple good cigars.

My old tobacco shop constantly had a buncha old dudes in there playing chess/checkers and you could just chill and play and watch football while sampling various tobaccos or buy a cigar to enjoy while listening to them bitch about teams they hate or stories about being a hippy or some poo poo from a war.

Tobacco shops loving rule.

E: my old shop also served beer and the old dudes would routinely order delivery food directly to the shop

My older son enjoys a good cigar now and then. My problem is, whenever I smoke a cigar, I end up inhaling half the damned thing and getting sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

OMGVBFLOL posted:

same. chained a pair of newports. it was stupid

You need to smoke a real cigarette.

• Locked thread