Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Smoking on the toilet loving rules. It's Sunday morning so I've had a big breakfast and am now enjoying a couple smokes on the toilet. I don't have kids but I've already fallen into the Sunday morning dad routine of taking huge shits and reading with a cigarette screwed into my lips. Sometimes a cigar because cigars and pipe tobacco are also awesome.

E: it's also the one thing I miss about my old job too. I'd eat lunch, then nap for the rest of my lunch break, then clock back in and light a smoke while taking a monster dump on the clock. Now I can't smoke indoors at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

smoking inside is not cool imo

I agree, except for when you're taking a poo poo. Then it's really satisfying.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ROFL Octopus posted:

Sounds like your life peaked during your old job

Honestly man had the company not ruined the place I'd still be there and running the department in a couple years. I was the assistant manager and my bosses' right hand so once he retired I would've taken over.

That said, the nuclear industry is extremely cool and I really enjoy it. I also make more money when I'm under contract. But hey, I had a lot of fun at the old job. I lived where I worked and got to go home during lunch and my bar was right across the street so it was a real chill gig and I had a lot of fun because of it.

But oddly enough I really only miss being able to smoke while I poo poo at work because the old job went to hell.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

unpacked robinhood posted:

When they banned smoking in bars here all the industry shrieked and whined about losing revenue. Now more people come in because they aren't hell pits that make you smell like a forest fire anymore, and bartenders get less cancer :yaycloud:

When they did this where I lived a lot of the bars started designating rooms that were basically closets with maybe a chair in them as non-smoking as a big gently caress-you-loophole in the law where as long as you had a non-smoking area you were good. I even saw a bar where the non-smoking area was literally a phone booth.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

unpacked robinhood posted:

Yeah bar owners and smokers are dumb. Fortunately that poo poo didn't flew here.

Actually it's extremely cool because a bar owner should be allowed to decide if smoking is allowed in their bar not some law by people crying about a smell when they could just go to a bar that doesn't allow smoking

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Abloo bloo I can't patronize a privately owned business because the owner is cool with people smoking there...waaaaaah

God, it's just soooo loving hard to go to the multitude of other places that don't allow smoking

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Captain Rufus posted:

I lost my dad to smokes in 05 meaning by the age of 31 both my parents were deceased.

So smoke if you want to die early and leave your loved ones just because you need a tiny disgusting burning dick in your mouth?

Sorry about your dad man, seriously, but if people wanna smoke they should be allowed to smoke.

E: I also have no problem with non-smoking areas, I can go somewhere else. I just think blanket bans on bars are dumb because it should be up to the owner to decide if their business allows smoking or not.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 19, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jesus Christ some of those prices. I buy two cartons and still pay less than $100. But then again there's a big Philip Morris factory like an hour away in Richmond.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Whole lotta crying non-smokers ITT lol

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Smoking is fun and cool and I really enjoy it. I should probably quit though.

Sitting out on the patio at my local bar drinking pints and smoking cigs while watching the cars drive by is basically heaven.

drat I wish my bar had that. Hell yeah dude.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Let's talk about non-cigarette smoking. Cigars are extremely cool. I like pretty much all maduros. Drew Estate's Acid line's Kuba Maduro is godamn tasty. Cohiba also has a really good maduro of course. San Cristobal and Graycliff also have a nice tasty maduro.

Pipes are also cool because if you have your own pipe (which can just be an awesome cheap cob pipe) most tobacco will let you try any of their house blends for free. It's awesome to walk into a tobacco shop with a pipe on a football Sunday and watch the game with the crusty old fat regulars while trying a buncha different tobaccos and taking a half ounce if the tastiest home along with a couple good cigars.

My old tobacco shop constantly had a buncha old dudes in there playing chess/checkers and you could just chill and play and watch football while sampling various tobaccos or buy a cigar to enjoy while listening to them bitch about teams they hate or stories about being a hippy or some poo poo from a war.

Tobacco shops loving rule.

E: my old shop also served beer and the old dudes would routinely order delivery food directly to the shop

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Isaac posted:

Cigars are only cool cause like tv shows and maybe in flight magazines told us so

This guy has never smoked a tasty cigar and is dumb.

Hahaha like people only like cigars because if TVs and movies...no way in hell they've been around before either of those things - an idiot

But no Isaac honestly you're cool but that's a pretty naive statement. Cigars come in a shitload of varieties and many of them are delicious. I get not liking a thing but to say people only enjoy them because of media younger than cigars themselves is dumb.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Nolan Arenado posted:

I like dip, all of the light-headedness without any of the stink.

Man I wanna like dip but I've got bad memories from childhood. The old man used to dip and he'd spit in cans. Well it was pretty normal for us kids to just run up and take a sip from mom/dad's drink. All three of us kids made that mistake with dad's spitcan, mistaking it for a soda. Instantaneous vomiting.

The only plus side is that taught us immediately that if you wanted a sip of mom/dad's drink, you asked first. And if they said yes you made sure they identified said drink and handed it to you.

Needless to say, every time I've tried dip as an adult that experience is all I can think of and I just can't do it.

Just imagine taking a nice hard swig off of somebody's dip spit cup.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

you got what you deserved for being a drink-thieving little poo poo

Well, yeah. That was pretty much my point. Drinking that poo poo was a hell of a lesson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Gonna smoke cancer until the cancer smokes me.

• Locked thread