Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Condiv posted:

Jojo's bizarre adventure is a great show if you like bizarre adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueryMAh5EzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv6rBVEko80

It's a generational story about the jojos (all 8 of them) and their battle against many things, but mostly against DIO, Jonathan Joestar's adopted brother and rear end in a top hat supreme.

I started watching it recently because people here keep going on about it. It gets good after a while but the first episodes are some unbearable textbook anime poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

ScrubLeague posted:

Season 2 would also be good if it was just 10 hours of the nerdy friends doing theme songs for movies.

God, I would watch the gently caress out of that. It's like someone had an incredible idea for a webseries and then decided to pad it out with an awkward "romance" between the two worst characters.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I started watching it recently because people here keep going on about it. It gets good after a while but the first episodes are some unbearable textbook anime poo poo.

Part 1 is easily the weakest part of jojo. It's fairly predictable (especially since it was written in the mid 80s), and hamon is an asspull factory. Thankfully it's short and the following parts all improve on each other

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Love is an evil show because it propogates the insane lie that below-average whiny idiots can end up with the hottest mess who ever messed. It's a Judd Apatow dork fantasy and I hate it and have to marathon it just to get it out of the way
recent judd apatow movies and tv shows are terrible pieces of personal wish fulfillment, but i guess he's under the radar enough to keep doing it without anyone saying so

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Finally watched the first episode of The Expanse. Clearly a lot of setup but I really enjoyed it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that Always Sunny finale is the end of that show as we know it. it'll still be funny but it lost the appeal of "five assholes who never learn." also, possibly no more Dennis

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I am sure I am not saying anything new by saying that The Expanse is excellent (I'm on episode 5 or so). But goddamn that one dude looks distractingly like Aaron Douglas from Battlestar Galactica.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

docbeard posted:

I am sure I am not saying anything new by saying that The Expanse is excellent (I'm on episode 5 or so). But goddamn that one dude looks distractingly like Aaron Douglas from Battlestar Galactica.

All the very sad TVIV nerds are melting down over book spoilers, I guess the Game of Thrones in space comparison is really accurate.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

etalian posted:

All the very sad TVIV nerds are melting down over book spoilers, I guess the Game of Thrones in space comparison is really accurate.

My favorite spoiler fteakout will always be the time, on another forum, someone ate the equivalent of a permaban for mentioning that the Song of Ice and Fire books were fantasy novels in which magic happens, because that, you see, was a spoiler.

(My only real opinion about spoilers is don't be an rear end in a top hat. Unless it's funny.)

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

docbeard posted:

It took me most of the first season to get over the likeness. That dude is really good at playing a scary violent dude though.

http://i.imgur.com/JsC80QS.mp4

Also The Expanse continues to own in the second season but now I've caught up with it and watching an episode a week is gonna suck.

bloom has issued a correction as of 12:47 on Mar 13, 2017

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Condiv posted:

Part 1 is easily the weakest part of jojo. It's fairly predictable (especially since it was written in the mid 80s), and hamon is an asspull factory. Thankfully it's short and the following parts all improve on each other

thats impossible as part 2 is perfect and cannot be improved on

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

bloom posted:

Also The Expanse continues to own in the second season but now I've caught up with it and watching an episode a week is gonna suck.

:same:

I still can't get over how much that OPA dude looks like Lane Price from Mad Men

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Terror Sweat posted:

thats impossible as part 7 is perfect and cannot be improved on

ftfy

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

docbeard posted:

He becomes extremely awesome as the show goes on. On the surface he's just a straight shooting, tough guy side character, but they made him into one of the most complex and interesting characters on the show.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

:same:

I still can't get over how much that OPA dude looks like Lane Price from Mad Men

That OPA dude is Lane Price.

MizPiz has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Mar 13, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bloom posted:

It took me most of the first season to get over the likeness. That dude is really good at playing a scary violent dude though.

http://i.imgur.com/JsC80QS.mp4

the bet payoff scene was amazing

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Jesus loving Christ, I just started playing Call of Duty Infinite War since it came with the PS4 and I'd already finished The Last of Us. It's laughably "Earth = Good, Mars = Bad", and the Earth guys that actually want to go to war are the heroes fighting against the "stupid politicians" that hold them back. It's like the jingoistic toddler's version of The Expanse. I get the feeling that people that play this are the ones who thought that "American Sniper" was a pro-war movie.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

There's a scene where you're walkin around "good guy headquarters" and the flags on the wall are USA, France, Germany, Canada, and Japan. I guess the Russians, Chinese and Indians (you know, the countries that actually have space programs) aren't invited to the heroes of Earth party.

The first "bad guy" Mars dude you meet has a Russian accent. The only reason I popped this into the console is that I figured I wouldnt be simulating a future war against people I have no desire to kill (as opposed to Modern Warfare). But nope.

The Expanse is a brilliant metaphor for Cold Wars in general & the third worlders who get caught in the crossfire, and the blurry lines between "revolutionary" and "terrorist"; Call of Duty Infinite War is a barely disguised version of "kill modern Russians, horah, America is #1, baby, gently caress poo poo up. We deserve all the oil, because of freedom."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

call of duty once had oliver north appear as a good guy

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Westworld is marxist as gently caress.

1. They're stuck in false consciousness
2. A revolutionary vanguard with awareness of their situation leads the fight
3. They wake up because of the contradictions in their system.
4. They're completely alienated labor
5. Ends in them siezing the park and the facilities for producing hosts (means of production)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

power rangers!!!!!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Expanse got renewed for a 3rd Season.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

YO. My dudes. The first episode of the second season of Animals. is the most ~:mason:Gnostic:mason:~ poo poo you'll see on tv this year. If it doesn't make you want to pack up all your poo poo and escape from civilization ala THX1138-style, then nothing else will.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Just watched the most recent Expanse episode and now I have to wait for it to actually air like some kind of barbarian.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

docbeard posted:

Just watched the most recent Expanse episode and now I have to wait for it to actually air like some kind of barbarian.

Hey, at least it finally gives you something to look forward to.

:smith:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

holy poo poo i just watched the first episode of westworld and that is a perfect song for the end credits

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

okay westworld loving owned thanks for recommending it

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

review is a great comedy central show. dark as gently caress and equally hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Peaky Blinders is a cool show about gangsters in 1920s england. It's got Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill in it and three seasons out so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXfVGjSz-4

• Locked thread