Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Silicon Valley was pretty good at portraying the tech sector and it made Elon Musk hella mad as a bonus.
it still is, season 4 is coming in a couple of months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

most people in the tech industry love Silicon Valley. Google started off a presentation with Martin Starr and Kumail Nanjiani as their characters on the show. Musk is just a whiner

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Oh cool. Didn't know they got another season coming.
it feels weird to have mike judge create shows for a channel that actually enjoys having him around

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

The final season of Girls is killing it so far
i will never watch that show and you can't make me

on the other hand, Bates Motel started tonight. i'm already loving the norman and norma bates dynamic. freddie highmore needs an emmy nomination

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the west wing may not have been the origin of "by your logic you've proved my point" fantasy arguments, but it definitely made them more prominent

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

people who say "lena dunham fat" or "lena dunham is the SJW queen" are missing the point. the point is that she's the stupidest person with celebrity status by a very wide margin. she still thinks that Hillary Clinton is the perfect political person who is beyond reproach even after her horribly-run campaign. read her election postmortem if you don't believe me. when it comes to non-political stuff, she must love the taste of her foot for putting it in her mouth so much

also, Girls is a horrendous show. if you're going to have a comedy show with four irredeemably terrible main characters, they need to get their comeuppance once in a while. think of Seinfeld, Always Sunny, Archer, Curb, Eastbound and Down, and countless other sitcoms. i read that in the last season, lena dunham's character rapes a man, and when the season ends, people still think she's great, she's going to do excellent things, etc. that's a great way to make people either avoid it or hatewatch it

an actual dog posted:

That sounds loving awful
it was probably done much better and funnier in the classic Simpsons episode "Homer Badman." also there's speculation over whether lena dunham made up a fake rape accusation when she went to college. if that is true, that's another layer of awfulness

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Feb 25, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

broad city is better than girls in every conceivable way (with the exception of the clinton cameo)
broad city and girls are two completely different shows, but this is a true statement. and that's another show where a couple of flawed main characters face consequences for doing stupid things. the season three finale nailed down the creepy undertones of Birthright

ilana glazer still has a pic of hillary clinton as her instagram profile pic though

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Love is an evil show because it propogates the insane lie that below-average whiny idiots can end up with the hottest mess who ever messed. It's a Judd Apatow dork fantasy and I hate it and have to marathon it just to get it out of the way
recent judd apatow movies and tv shows are terrible pieces of personal wish fulfillment, but i guess he's under the radar enough to keep doing it without anyone saying so

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that Always Sunny finale is the end of that show as we know it. it'll still be funny but it lost the appeal of "five assholes who never learn." also, possibly no more Dennis

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

call of duty once had oliver north appear as a good guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

review is a great comedy central show. dark as gently caress and equally hilarious

• Locked thread