Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Hammerite posted:

vulcans are space elves

im racist against elves, space elves doubly so

also i literally just started watching star trek and in like the 5th episode picard jumps into an energy cloud because he wants to hang out forever with the energy wave he made friends with and see the universe but it doesn t work out and they just bring back the saved version they teleported into the cloud

theres some bullshit about his energy hanging out in the ship and going to the holoporter deck but the new picard doesnt remember going into space to be with his energy buddy so i dont buy that its the same one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Rutibex posted:

because Star Trek is "safe" sci-fi that is afraid to explore the actual implications of their technology. it may as well be a fantasy novel.

same reason that TNG has the exact same technology as TOS, they couldn't develop any new space technology in 100 years apparently

it's p much Harry potter with dilithium crystals and set heading 131 mark 14 mark 10e instead of normal magic words

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
in the Picard episode I mentioned theyq literally say he was the last person to use the teleporter so his waveform will still be saved in the computer

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
into the other holodeck and ultimately my mouth

• Locked thread