Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Isn't marathon literally exactly about a dude who just is continually downloaded from the pattern buffer and beams into a constant space war? Like can't you get killed, "reload" the level and walk past your dead body like "heh scrub me got murdered again" *eats a space grenade*

I played it like once I think? I can't remember. Aren't save points you uploading yourself back into the buffer so you don't have to start over from dead again?

If that's the case at least it's doing something interesting and embracing the fatalistic materialism of the setting, unlike loving trek that constantly glosses it over.

half life does this

the gman is some thing whoser basically only ability is to move around in space time rite? so like everything in the game is there cause the g man has manipulated the events that will happen in front of u before you got there. think of all the easter eggs where u see him. so that means all the coincidental ramps and poo poo are there cause the gman wentback 30 years ago and was like 'hey dude you should build a ramp there' and he also could have manipulated them into building that ramp the guy has a literal infinite amount of time at his disposal

every time you die you just get pooped out of stasis at the last point in time where the system is deterministic and still has probability for mission success

whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

numberoneposter posted:

what about all the physics puzzels after the vorgigaunts block him from messing with gordon then IDIOT

uh he did those too he knew the vortigonts would cock block him hes can time travel n poo poo cmon

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ProfessorMurder posted:

I bet the sickbay has to deal with a lot of holodeck related sex injuries.

Rikers dick is probably in a perpetual state of serious bruising

• Locked thread