Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Universe Master posted:

You lose whole atoms all the time, that are then replaced. You lose cells that are replaced. Your thoughts and mind changes all the time. Do you identify as the same person as five year old you? He was made up of totally different stuff and had totally different thoughts.

Truth is he's dead now, as are all the past yous, but it doesn't matter as long as there is continuity.

I still have the same teeth from birth to death though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Universe Master posted:

Nope, all of your atoms are changed about every five years or so.

Bullshit. My teeth define me as who I am. I will always carry these atoms with me no matter where I go. Unless I get in a bike wreck and knock some out and throw them in the trash.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 20, 2017

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

spud posted:

Why are 95% of the races in startrek humanoid but with pointy ears or some pasty on their head?

Cheap original production costs.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Professor SJW posted:

if you get killed by a sentient mud monster on an away mission can't tgey just load your copy from the transporter like it is a save point in a video game?

or did they just hate tasha yar too much to bother

No,They just hate blondes.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

The General posted:

Since toilets are so rare in starfleet ships, you're supposed to poop on your plate before you put it back in the replicator.

Isnt that what you are supposed to do with your dishwasher?

• Locked thread